Active Topics

Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
Yes your running an older version of the KDE install.
Wow... I wonder how that happened? Seriously, I took KDE from that web page I described. :S

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by hordeman View Post
Wow... I wonder how that happened? Seriously, I took KDE from that web page I described. :S
When???????
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

This past weekend ... Saturday. :S

This past weekend ... Saturday. :S
you installed this?

http://penguinbait.com/kde-installer-v4.deb
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

you installed this?

http://penguinbait.com/kde-installer-v4.deb
Yes, I'm looking at the .deb on my tablet right now. Via Konquerer, it says kde-installer-v4.deb, 1.3MB, 10/18/08 10:46am, size 1,054,877

Cue the Twilight Zone music...

Yes, I'm looking at the .deb on my tablet right now. Via Konquerer, it says kde-installer-v4.deb, 1.3MB, 10/18/08 10:46am, size 1,054,877

Cue the Twilight Zone music...
No music needed, I just pulled the file. You are right, I had something installed, probably windowmaker that slaps su in /usr/bin

I will update the k3b deb to have the shortcut point to /usr/local/bin/su

Sorry for the confusion, if I could only remember what the hell I was doing

OK, I updated the deb to fix the menu shortcut.

Sorry again for all the confusion.

No problem and no damage here. In the grand scheme of things, I think we are all very Very VERY happy that you made KDE happen for our little tablets. So, thank you!

Yes your running an older version of the KDE install.

Just run (as root)

ln -s /usr/local/bin/su /usr/bin/su

Now the menu shortcut should work
BTW, running this command fixed a lot; KDesktop throws an error window that shows "KDEInit could not launch '/usr/bin/sudo'.", but K3B now recognizes my burner.

I could not rip a CD. It turns out the libcdparanoia package is missing. I'm guessing that a few other packages are needed to allow MP3 ripping to work... like libmad and lame.

Will try to burn something soon.

Tags
burn, dvd, kde, kde35