Active Topics

Notices

I have the same issue connecting to my OS X Leopard macbook

Posts: 1,070 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by mdky View Post
Thank you for help.
But it's still not working.In the mac BT setting,it shows 'No Keyboard have been found.Please bla bla bla ...'
This is strange, the system sees the keyboard profile in the pairing process and don't see it in the connecting process. I will try to debug this issue, when I get my hands on a friend's Mac.

The Following User Says Thank You to VDVsx For This Useful Post:
OK.Thanks again for the great APP!

As far as I know you can't send files from the n8*0 to the mac and back via bluetooth, so that might be related.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
The reconnect stuff is not implemented yet. You have to open BlueMaemo again and in windows choose connect to device.
ok i got to ask a silly question, where do i find that "connect to device" option?

Posts: 395 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Boone, IA
You have just increased the usefulness of my 800 by a factor of (insert Very large number here)

Thank You

btw: post entered from across the room...

Snoshrk

N800 (retired...soon to eBay)
Favorite Apps: CommunitySSU,DiabloTurbo, Flipclock, Keepnote, Dialcentral, Gizmo5 ,MediaBox/pyFMradio, Telescope,Diablo5 theme, Tear, Personal Menu/Launcher, OMWeather,Blubbels, Advanced Power/Backlight...now to play with Garnet6...

Posts: 30 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
They are in Diablo Extras, but maybe the requirements are for specific newer versions which can be in extras-devel...

BTW, A key assignment dialog like in CompizConfig Settings Manager (of course modified to fit the efl keyboard (and with added F? keys)) will be great .
Hi,
unfortunately the problem with installation on devices were Canola or Carman are not installer still is not solved.
When I try to install Canola I get that all dependencies are fine and these versions will be installed:

efl-core (0.9.9.043+svn36098-maemo3)
python2.5-efl-core (0.9.9.043+svn36098-maemo4)
python2.5-ecore (0.3.0+svn36098-maemo2)
python2.5-edbus (0.3.0+svn36098-maemo1)
python2.5-evas (0.9.9.043+svn36098-maemo1)
python2.5-edje (0.3.0+svn36098-maemo3)

And there is no missing packages and obviously these are available through someone of my exiting repositories.
But ...
when I try to install BlueMaemo directly from your site (or downloaded local copy of it) I get that there have Problems with installation - Application packages missing:
efl-core
python2.5-efl-core
python2.5-ecore
python2.5-edbus
python2.5-evas
python2.5-edje

I think that package dependency definition is somehow wrong. Can someone more familiar with debian packaging system to comment what the problem can be and to help with solving it?

Thank you and regards

Originally Posted by tso View Post
ok i got to ask a silly question, where do i find that "connect to device" option?
As far I remember, I click in the bluetooth icon in the tray, choose "Show Bluetooth devices" and them click in my device and some options appear, one of them are connect.
I'm not sure about that, I don't have access to windows right now.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Cologne, Germany
Originally Posted by VDVsx View Post
Does anybody test the app in other device than the n810, and other OS than the OS2008 ?
In my setting (Xubuntu with 2.6.24 kernel, N800 with OS2008, more or less the standard repositories and software on both devices), there were no problems whatsoever. The installation was straightforward.

Afterwards no settings at all (!) were needed to get it work, neither on the desktop nor on the N800 side. It worked as a charm.

Mouse and keyboard functions are excellent, I like the media button very much. It took only a couple of minutes to set amarok and kaffeine to respond to the play/pause and other buttons in bluemaemo.

A couple of suggestions for the future releases:
- Alt, Ctrl and Tab keys on the keyboard.
- Configurable buttons Zoom -/Full screen/Zoom + on the N8*0-side, it would be nice if users could map the keystrokes they find most usable in their context.
- I would also like to see what a media player is currently playing and what its status is. I know this might be difficult because there are so many media players out there, but a couple of standard players (amarok is hopefully one of them ) could perhaps be implemented.
- As someone already mentioned, non-US keyboard mappings would also be nice.

Thanks a lot for this app, I was indeed excited when I saw how good it works. For me bluemaemo is on par with these other great maemo applications like maemo mapper or canola.

Originally Posted by zok View Post

A couple of suggestions for the future releases:
- Alt, Ctrl and Tab keys on the keyboard.
This was already planned, the virtual keyboard is a little bit limited right now, the n810 hw keyboard allow more keys combinations.
- Configurable buttons Zoom -/Full screen/Zoom + on the N8*0-side, it would be nice if users could map the keystrokes they find most usable in their context.
Great suggestion, added to features requests page.
- I would also like to see what a media player is currently playing and what its status is. I know this might be difficult because there are so many media players out there, but a couple of standard players (amarok is hopefully one of them ) could perhaps be implemented.
This feature isn't supported trough the HID BT profile, it will probably broke the app compatibility with other OS's
- As someone already mentioned, non-US keyboard mappings would also be nice.
This was already planned too.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Tags
bluemaemo, bluetooth, hid