Active Topics

Notices

Hi,
I just installed today Canola2 on a new N810 but when I try to see some pictures or play music it cannot find anything. I marked all the folders (i.e. checked with the small eye) and it refreshed but nothing... any idea on what could be the problem? the n810 is loaded with the latest firmware... below I've attached the when using the application. thanks in advance.
Reda

BusyBox v1.6.1 (2008-05-22 10:32:35 EEST) Built-in shell (ash)

Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

~ $ atabake

Usage: atabake [options] start | stop | restart

atabake: error: You need to specify at least one action

~ $ t

-sh: t: not found

~ $ canola vvv

1223105407.6604 ERROR controller:142:_error_handler() CanolaDaemon error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Python.TypeError: Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/service.py", line 696, in _message_cb

retval = candidate_method(self, *args, **keywords)

TypeError: start_monitoring() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)

1223105521.6062 ERROR controller:142:_error_handler() CanolaDaemon error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Python.AttributeError: Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/python2.5/site-packages/dbus/service.py", line 696, in _message_cb

File "canolad/daemon.py", line 254, in scan_paths_by_type

AttributeError: 'Daemon' object has no attribute 'mger_tab'

~ $

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Not a lot of help, but I am experiencing the same problem with my N800 with diablo and the latest updates.

Keep an eye on the similar thread about being unable to scan.

Gaz

ok, thanks anyway

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Manaus - Brazil
Originally Posted by Reda View Post
Hi,
I just installed today Canola2 on a new N810 but when I try to see some pictures or play music it cannot find anything. I marked all the folders (i.e. checked with the small eye) and it refreshed but nothing... any idea on what could be the problem? the n810 is loaded with the latest firmware... below I've attached the when using the application. thanks in advance.
Reda

BusyBox v1.6.1 (2008-05-22 10:32:35 EEST) Built-in shell (ash)

Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

~ $ atabake

Usage: atabake [options] start | stop | restart

atabake: error: You need to specify at least one action

~ $ t

-sh: t: not found

~ $ canola vvv

1223105407.6604 ERROR controller:142:_error_handler() CanolaDaemon error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Python.TypeError: Traceback (most recent call last):

TypeError: start_monitoring() takes exactly 2 arguments (1 given)

1223105521.6062 ERROR controller:142:_error_handler() CanolaDaemon error: org.freedesktop.DBus.Python.AttributeError: Traceback (most recent call last):

File "canolad/daemon.py", line 254, in scan_paths_by_type

AttributeError: 'Daemon' object has no attribute 'mger_tab'

~ $

Hi Reda,

which repository are you using (extras, extras-devel or both)? If you are using extras-devel, try to remove everything using canola-cleanup application. After everything have been cleaned up, disable the extras-devel repo, refresh your catalogs and finally install Canola beta 9.

I hope this helps you.

The Following User Says Thank You to acosta For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by acosta View Post
Hi Reda,

which repository are you using (extras, extras-devel or both)? If you are using extras-devel, try to remove everything using canola-cleanup application. After everything have been cleaned up, disable the extras-devel repo, refresh your catalogs and finally install Canola beta 9.

I hope this helps you.
Yes, that did the trick! Thank you Acosta!

Acosta, I've tried your suggestion-- I installed and ran canola-cleanup, I disabled the extras-devel repo, I refreshed, and then installed canola beta 9.

I have checked the eye ball that was next to a folder with audio files inside and when I tried to play the, canola reported "items not found."

do you have any other suggestions? could this be a permissions issue?

any guidance from you or other forum users would be great to have.

thank you,

killick

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ Manaus - Brazil
Hi killick,

which are the formats of your music files? Do you have only mp3 files in your media library or other format?

Tell us the permission of your music files as well. I'd like to reproduce your problem in my device.

Br.