Closed Thread
Hi,

Originally Posted by Benson View Post
If you knew how entertaining your ravings were to us, um, "board dork geek genii", you'd have to try to find a way to charge us.

And I almost think I'd pay.

I have been finding this stuff entertaining also.

Btw, davidsco27 it is unrefined, not inrefined.

I know Vista has spell check capabilities, does your system have it?

David

Last edited by harpgliss; 2008-10-06 at 03:58.

Posts: 301 | Thanked: 71 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Santiago, Chile
Originally Posted by Thesandlord View Post
Can I ask what is fundamentally wrong with Vista? When XP came out, everyone was acting the same way! I have had less blue screens with Vista than XP, BETTER plug and pray support, and more features. You can disable UAC, so it is not annoying, etc etc...
Its painfully slow on NEW computers. My sister got a tablet pc, shiny new, top of its line, and it was slower doing simple tasks than my much older, less powerful and much more full of random programs, desktop PC.
Yes its pretty and has some nice features, but come on, the first thing that you can ask from a newer OS its that its at least as good as the last one. And I think Diablo its getting there, but it has taken a lot of bumps.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to eliagp For This Useful Post:
I happen to run a PC support business supporting over 650 clients and have over 16 years Windows experience. I don't think I could fit all that is wrong with Shitsta into this box. No, it's NOT the same as when XP came out. I remember that well. The Primary difference was that XP was a significant improvement over it's predecessors. It is faster, more stable, more plug and playable and easier to use than 98, ME, or 2000 was. It eliminated the 16 bit bottleneck. Vista is none of the above. It is SLOWER, even with the added hardware, it is more annoying, no, asking you before you do anything is NOT security, just as surely as making you sign into a big building before you can enter isn't. it's an annoyance to the user, but does NOTHING to stop those who wish to get around it. Familiar apps and controls are moved and renamed for NO logical purpose, and it just plain offers the user ZERO practical improvements over it's predecessor. Sorry, prettier doesn't justify it.

I have been considering selling it. Pre-Diablo, it actually worked pretty well. I was initially excited by Diablo's release, though why it took so long for Nokia to come up with the ability to upgrade without a reflash is beyond me. But ever since the upgrade, things have gone downhill. First with the e-mail unreliability, now with the loss of Pidgin, and ho substitute. It has a few advantages over an Ipud Touch, but the advantages are beginning to tip. In the end, I need ease of use, quickness of interface and reliability. I strongly believe in KISS, and the NIT is anything but.

As for accessories. have you lost a stylus??? Try getting a replacement. I had to search high and low to get a car mount that was usefull. A case I finally found barely fits. Other than that, forget it, at least in the US

The Following User Says Thank You to davidsco27 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by harpgliss View Post
Hi,

I have been finding this stuff entertaining also.

Btw, davidsco27 it is unrefined, not inrefined.

I know Vista has spell check capabilities, does your system have it?

David

It always amazes me when *****s point out typos on message boards, like they try to make themselves more superior that way. um, idiot, does your computer have a spell check that works in forums, and that you use every time before posting?? if so, I strongly suggest you scour the marketplace for a life. Go to bed, zipperhead.

Hi,

You are the one who is coming off as needing some serious therapy.

I don't need to point out your typos to show I am superior, your attitude and rants point that out for me.

Did you run out of Prozac and decide we needed to suffer as a result?
I think you are the one in need of some sleep.

David

My favorite part is this d*ck head's handle. Here he is going off on an OS and he actually has SCO in his name. Do you think he would mind if I call him f*cktard? Or would that be too geeky for him?

Last edited by daperl; 2008-10-06 at 04:16.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by davidsco27 View Post
I was initially excited by Diablo's release, though why it took so long for Nokia to come up with the ability to upgrade without a reflash is beyond me.
List some other embedded Linux devices that push over-the-air updates like this. Go on, do.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
I think a lot of us bought an internet tablet knowing ahead of time that what we're buying is more a piece of really nice hackable hardware with a Linux operating system and a reasonably open community environment. This sort of thing even hits OpenMoko, though, where people drop in expecting a totally finished product instead of a fun project. I guess we can't blame them in this case, since Nokia markets it as such, but the forums here make the former quite clear. This is a geek's toy and there aren't many like the N810
Not that a finished product would kill me, of course.

Last edited by Picklesworth; 2008-10-06 at 04:30.

The Following User Says Thank You to Picklesworth For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,213 | Thanked: 356 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ California and Virginia
Originally Posted by davidsco27 View Post
I happen to run a PC support business supporting over 650 clients and have over 16 years Windows experience. I don't think I could fit all that is wrong with Shitsta into this box. No, it's NOT the same as when XP came out. I remember that well. The Primary difference was that XP was a significant improvement over it's predecessors. It is faster, more stable, more plug and playable and easier to use than 98, ME, or 2000 was. It eliminated the 16 bit bottleneck. Vista is none of the above. It is SLOWER, even with the added hardware, it is more annoying, no, asking you before you do anything is NOT security, just as surely as making you sign into a big building before you can enter isn't. it's an annoyance to the user, but does NOTHING to stop those who wish to get around it. Familiar apps and controls are moved and renamed for NO logical purpose, and it just plain offers the user ZERO practical improvements over it's predecessor. Sorry, prettier doesn't justify it.
Ok, I am completely biased. I forgot to say this. Why, because my old computer was a Pentium 4 2Ghz, 512 MB Ram, Intel Graphics, and XP. My new computer is a Core2Quad 2.4 Ghz, 2 GB Ram, and Nvidia 8800, and Vista. So obviously my Vista experience was good.

But Vista is NOT Diablo. The only bad thing (personally) that came with Diablo is the loss of the webcam support in flash.

Hi,

My first day of research regarding a possible purchase of the NIT told me it was a work in progress.

That was a big draw, the potential of it far outweighs the shortcomings.

Anyone know what a zipperhead is?

David

Closed Thread