Hi, I have the latest OS2008 update installed and I am still not able to view veoh website. the website asks for a latest version of flash. How can I solve this problem?

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Mirrored.

http://qwerty12.maemobox.org/flash-player-r48-0.1.deb

EDIT: Original site up. I'll leave this here incase, unless it should be removed?
I tried to install this on my OS2008 with latest update and it says unable to install! Any hint why it is happening? Thanks.

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Mirrored.

http://qwerty12.maemobox.org/flash-player-r48-0.1.deb

EDIT: Original site up. I'll leave this here incase, unless it should be removed?
The adobe website says the current version is 9.0.124.0. Is there any way to get that version for OS2008?

Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
It isn't needed with the latest OS release and was only an unofficial patch for the prior OS release so that flash correctly reported it's version. The problem was fixed in the latest release. You have the most recent version of flash available for the N8x0.
Personal Blog -- 3 Joe's Blog

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1

Thanks a lot, but i am unable to view videos on Veoh.com. Could you see videos on veoh? Appreciate if you can let me know how can I solve this problem. Thanks.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by svrkprabhakar View Post
Could you see videos on veoh?
No.

Appreciate if you can let me know how can I solve this problem.
  • Wait for Adobe to compile a newer version of the Flash plugin for ARMEL Linux and for Nokia to include it in an update.
  • Convince Veoh to check if they actually rely upon something in the very latest version of the Flash plugin, and if not, recode their version checks to allow older, but still compatible, versions.
  • Figure out how to patch the Flash plugin binary on your tablet so it reports a newer version than what it is, and hope Veoh doesn't rely upon changes made in newer versions of the plugin.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
No.

• Wait for Adobe to compile a newer version of the Flash plugin for ARMEL Linux and for Nokia to include it in an update.
  • Convince Veoh to check if they actually rely upon something in the very latest version of the Flash plugin, and if not, recode their version checks to allow older, but still compatible, versions.
  • Figure out how to patch the Flash plugin binary on your tablet so it reports a newer version than what it is, and hope Veoh doesn't rely upon changes made in newer versions of the plugin.
Thanks a lot! but the last two options are out of my range, I am just a beginner so I can go with the first one though it is very inconvenient to wait for something like this

Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
It's unfortunate that some web sites don't understand their customers. My site is very technical so most of my viewers are well versed in Internet use and more likely to seek out the latest releases. Only 65% have the latest version of flash. Perhaps as many as 15% have versions of flash veoh.com is guaranteed not work with. As a web developer I go to great lengths to see that my sites are compatible with the widest variety of users, OS and browsers. That is what my clients expect. An example of the right way is Google. They design for an older version of flash and use have developed a javascript wrapper for flash that works on everything. If you download a non-flash video it will be in Apple Quicktime format with a .mov file extension. All decisions made to support the most viewers.
Personal Blog -- 3 Joe's Blog

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1

I had the same issue with the SSU failing to install, and went into applications manager and uninstalled the flash-player-r53 or whatever number it was, and then the SSU installed fine.

Originally Posted by fragos View Post
It's unfortunate that some web sites don't understand their customers. My site is very technical so most of my viewers are well versed in Internet use and more likely to seek out the latest releases. Only 65% have the latest version of flash. Perhaps as many as 15% have versions of flash veoh.com is guaranteed not work with. As a web developer I go to great lengths to see that my sites are compatible with the widest variety of users, OS and browsers. That is what my clients expect. An example of the right way is Google. They design for an older version of flash and use have developed a javascript wrapper for flash that works on everything. If you download a non-flash video it will be in Apple Quicktime format with a .mov file extension. All decisions made to support the most viewers.
Right, the only way for people like us is to wait and get the appropriate update to come. I urge those developers to shed some light on this and try putting some time porting the latest flash to NIT. I am not sure if it is possible to develop an application that automatically do porting the new flash or other versions to Maemo platform on the fly...as simple as importing linux version of flash and exporting the maemo version

Tags
browser, fix, flash