Active Topics

Hi,

Originally Posted by Wes Doobner View Post
Funny thing... I was walking outside the Nokia Customer Service center the other day and found an N800 battery and a couple of 2gig SD cards lying on the sidewalk... looked like someone threw them out of a window.

I wonder if this is related to your issue?

Now that is funny.

David

Posts: 24 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Southern New Jersey
I'm sorry folks, but I made the decision tonight to send my N810 back.
I simply ran into too many annoyances to keep using it on a daily basis.

Thank you all for your help. I wish you well.

Posts: 63 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Chandler, AZ, USA
My Apologies in advance for the long post

Originally Posted by harpgliss View Post
Hi,

ebe51, you are on A public forum so these kind of comments should not be totally unexpected.

If you were having problems describing your issues to customer service, the safe approach would have been to just send in the unit as then, if it checked out fine, then the assumption would have A battery issue.

You would not have had the grief from Nokia or from members here who you feel are putting you through the wringer.

I just think some members here feel you lacked A little common sense with your transaction and are needlessly trashing Nokia over A transaction that you are at least A little bit responsible for.

I recommend, if you dislike the comments above, do not read them as members will post what they think, good or bad.

I hope you have been made whole by Nokia and now can go back to enjoying your NIT.

David
Yeah, I had a problem with my N810 awhile back. Being that I actually know how to use and diagnose my own expensive toys I called nokia and calmly explained to them exactly the problem I was having. They also told me to fill out the RMA form on the website. Seeing how it is a very expensive toy I followed their directions to send only the base unit knowing that they have every thing else needed on their workbench. I forgot to take my stylus out before I shipped it and did not get it back. I didn't throw a tantrum, I just grabbed my other stylus. As for all the complaints about them taking forever to get in contact with the repair center you should realize that the repair centers are not owned or operated by Nokia, they are contracted out to certified repair/sales facilities throughout the world. The turn around on me getting my repaired N810 from the repair facility was 7 days from the day I shipped it to them express overnight and insured. Which I may mention they were nice enough to refund me after I calmly called them back upon receiving the working unit.

Moral of the story is... if you buy expensive toys learn how they work, learn to follow directions, and don't expect any recourse when you act like a spoiled kid. Also, don't expect us to care that you don't want to buy an excellent product from a company that is helping the entire linux community just because you think you are special and don't have to follow rules and procedure like every one else.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to acydlord For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by acydlord View Post
My Apologies in advance for the long post

Yeah, I had a problem with my N810 awhile back. Being that I actually know how to use and diagnose my own expensive toys I called nokia and calmly explained to them exactly the problem I was having. They also told me to fill out the RMA form on the website. Seeing how it is a very expensive toy I followed their directions to send only the base unit knowing that they have every thing else needed on their workbench. I forgot to take my stylus out before I shipped it and did not get it back. I didn't throw a tantrum, I just grabbed my other stylus. As for all the complaints about them taking forever to get in contact with the repair center you should realize that the repair centers are not owned or operated by Nokia, they are contracted out to certified repair/sales facilities throughout the world. The turn around on me getting my repaired N810 from the repair facility was 7 days from the day I shipped it to them express overnight and insured. Which I may mention they were nice enough to refund me after I calmly called them back upon receiving the working unit.

Moral of the story is... if you buy expensive toys learn how they work, learn to follow directions, and don't expect any recourse when you act like a spoiled kid. Also, don't expect us to care that you don't want to buy an excellent product from a company that is helping the entire linux community just because you think you are special and don't have to follow rules and procedure like every one else.
I agree - I'm not sure if the OP is an American - but can i just say that Americans really are spoiled with their warranties. Non-Americans know what I'm talking about

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
Originally Posted by acydlord View Post
<snip> The turn around on me getting my repaired N810 from the repair facility was 7 days from the day I shipped it to them express overnight and insured. <snip>
Darn, that sees like a QUICK turnaround!
PLEASE use the Wiki

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
"I agree - I'm not sure if the OP is an American - but can i just say that Americans really are spoiled with their warranties. Non-Americans know what I'm talking about"

I get tired of the "Americans are like this" type stuff. I lived in Moscow for a few years and discovered something really amazing. People from other countries have the same kinds of flaws Americans have !

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
"I agree - I'm not sure if the OP is an American - but can i just say that Americans really are spoiled with their warranties. Non-Americans know what I'm talking about"

I get tired of the "Americans are like this" type stuff. I lived in Moscow for a few years and discovered something really amazing. People from other countries have the same kinds of flaws Americans have !
i'm not saying americans have flaws - i'm saying they're lucky bastards for having good warranties and customer service

Well there's some Europeans who seem to like reminding us that not providing 5-year unlimited warranties for everything would be illegal in their town (well, something like that, anyway), so I don't know that we've got it so insanely great.

Man, this is sad. The instructions were put there to be followed. As for your issue with sears, odds are the stereo was only purchased at sears meaning its not a sears warranty. So outside of their 30 say return policy (I think), they don't have to do diddly for you. You would have had to contact the manufacturer.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by overfloat View Post
i'm not saying americans have flaws - i'm saying they're lucky bastards for having good warranties and customer service
My experience has been that the laws are generally more favorable toward consumers in Europe than in the US.

Here, if you DON'T get good service from the start, you are usually screwed. US companies get damned defensive over their screwups... and they know you have to pay some lawyer big bucks to resolve things your way. And thanks to recent tort reform deform, it's even worse.