Notices

Bun in the next worldtv99 update can you pretty please add all those links in www.beelinetv.com website.and the tvchannels.txt above. Keep up the great work.
TIA

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bobloadmire View Post
anyway to get this bad boy integrated into canola through say, a plugin?
I don't think you'll watch TV thru Canola. It eats the processor time with all that iphone glitz. There's barely enough processor to process the video and display it.

Install Load Applet. Open a TV channel using the osso media server, like Russia Today which is pretty broadbanded over 500Kbps. Don't watch the picture, watch the CPU (left guage) on the load applet as it plays. When some other app running does something, the meter maxes out, the TV croaks until the processor load drops so it can process the TV again. It's only a 400 Mhz CPU, guys!

osso croaks on Russia Today, on-off-on-off-on-off. Stop and switch to mplayer, it's smoother. Some are smoother on osso. The loading on mplayer seems lower as the load applet meter isn't at the top of the scale so you can watch the channel. Mplayer starts "clicking", very fast pausing, when the cam at the football game moves quickly to the goal, driving the crowds berserk.

Unloading some of the background crap running does wonders for TV smoothness. Thanks to all for all the research and coding.

Originally Posted by gemniii42 View Post
This had worked for me on the USA CNN channel.
Now I cannot get any US channels to load.
?
I'm connected to CNN at 2057ET 9/21. It's running but only the CNN logo is in the lower right corner. the screen is black, no audio.

Everyone needs to understand America's corporate copyright stupidity, unlike the rest of the planet. VERY FEW of any programs can be played on any net feed that are not produced by the station. The producers won't permit even the damned commercials on the net feed. They must be blanked. When CNN is playing one of the talk shows produced by someone else...it won't be on the net feed.

I gave up trying to watch commercial TV long ago as only local news shows are allowed. www.khou.com has fantastic wm live stream from 2 days before Ike through today. The last two days they went back to the network feeds to make some money so the feed is just the news logo and a blank screen until they feed a local update news show on Ike. The coverage was simply fantastic during and after the storm. Now it will go blank, again, see above.

It's 2103. Even the hourly news is blanked out...only CNN in the corner. I'm using the mplayer machinen to view it but there's no programming.

For instant world news - SkyNews channel. For better coverage, France 24 eng English channel is the best. For rock, MAD TV from Russia plays great, if that's your bag. Many channels only play a few hours a day. Hope this helps you understand why.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
[QUOTE=w4csc;225926]..It's 2103. Even the hourly news is blanked out...only CNN in the corner. I'm using the mplayer machinen to view it but there's no programming.

CNN does not play 24/7, it does play sometime and with very hi quality.

bun

Returned from the Berlin trip, lost chance to listen/learn german. Going to WorldTV99 German, 17 channels, and watching TV advertisement fits just right in.

Oh, Kmplayer just released an upgrade which allows one toggle Fullscreen and windowscreen by tapping on the video, neat, plus other enhancement, please try it.

I am working on more housekeeping of the channels, delete dead ones and put on more live ones, please post mms:// sources or streaming sources, comments, critisisms, love, hate, bore..........., just talk about it will work
umm............ SSU update in 5 days has 466 posts ...

bun

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
For those question of USA/CNN channel, "only a black screen with CNN at the corner." That is because CNN TV stream is NOT 24/7. I am now watching CNN........widescreen, good video, topnotch......it is playing "gold - Brazil" go watch it now if you want to see the video quality. Either media player or mplayer will do.

My favorite channels:

all CBC, USA/GlobeTrekkerTV, all German, all France, Spain/KissTV.

KissTV is playing the Coldplay: the hardest part, she is 84 and he is 27, Barbara and Steve.... incredible!

bun
N810/Diablo/30-2

Last edited by bunanson; 2008-10-04 at 03:11.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
This playlist compilation is really a great addition to maemo. Kudos to the editors!
I'm currently working on a plugin for MediaBox to display and use the WorldTV99 playlist there.

Keep up the good work with WorldTV99!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
Oh, Kmplayer just released an upgrade which allows one toggle Fullscreen and windowscreen by tapping on the video, neat, plus other enhancement, please try it.
Not yet, only a build for testing with some bugs left.
I hope to release it next week

Originally Posted by pycage View Post
I'm currently working on a plugin for MediaBox to display and use the WorldTV99 playlist there.
That is great! I hope you use the gconf entry that the deb package sets (http://kmplayer.garage.maemo.org/playlist.html).
If you have any improvements ideas for eg. extra attributes, please let me know.

The Following User Says Thank You to koos For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
I wasn't aware of this gconf entry. Thanks for telling me. I had the path to the XML file hardcoded until now.

Is it possible to have an attribute in the <item> tags to indicate whether a stream should be played with osso-media-server or with mplayer? It should be sufficient if this attribute would just report the MIME type of the stream.

EDIT: I see that there's already the "player" attribute. It's just not used much in WorldTV99. Will this change or does this mean that all streams play nicely with osso-media-server except for the single one marked with "mplayer"?

Last edited by pycage; 2008-10-05 at 12:58.