Notices

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Any news on fullscreen / screen rotation for N800 / 770?

Originally Posted by stevenf View Post
Update: It seems to run OK, but whatever is supposed to link it to the windowserver doesn't seem to work; no window or display ever appears.

Basically, to set this up:

1. Download and extract the binary, and put it somewhere on your N800's memory (not a card). I just put it in my home directory.

2. Make it executable (chmod +x einstein)

3. Copy your ROM file to the same directory. Also copy Einstein.rex from the main distribution to the same directory.

4. Run it from the terminal: ./einstein .

At this point the Einstein platform loads, and the emulation appears to be running, but there is no display.
hmm...

I unpack files in /home/user/MyDocs/.document/newton

after make execute and run "./einstein" platforn loads and type:
========
Welcome to Einstein console.
This is Einstei Platform 2007.7
./einstein -- syntax error
syntax is ./einstein [option] path_to_data
========

Ok. ROM file copied in same dir and named 717006. I type "./einstein 717006"

sysyem type:
=====
Welcome to Einstein console.
This is Einstei Platform 2007.7
Can't start ROM file '717006/717006'
=====

ok. I rename "717006" to "rom-image"

sysyem type:
Can't start ROM file 'rom-image/717006'

???
And if I creat subfolder "rom-image" and move 717006 into, after run "./einstein rom-image" system type:
ROM file should be 8MB long
But file "717006" - 8.9MB!!! And, of course, this ROM full works on Einstei Platform 2007.7 for Windows!!!

WTF?

Originally Posted by stevenf View Post
NOTE: Please don't ask me for the ROM. It is ILLEGAL for me to give it to you. I actually own a MessagePad 2100 (actually, three of them )
I don't understand you - working ROM file can be official download from www.unna.org (from /apple/development/DDKs)

Last edited by spiderxman; 2008-09-04 at 13:30.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
I did hope for lots of time for this to become a reality, but now I do not have great expectations anymore if I had some more programming skills or experience I would gladly help the community in the developement

Hi, all,
Maybe the windowserver problem is related to what Paul Guyot notes in his NokiaBuildInstructions here:
http://code.google.com/p/einstein/wi...ldInstructions

To wit (quoting Paul on the above web page):
"I believe that the Nokia 800 with OS2007 has a different version of libXau. It's now libXau.so.6 instead of libXau.so.0. The above method will compile against libXau.so.0 (which I directly copied from a Nokia 770 with OS2006), and therefore the binary will not run. I would be grateful if someone with a Nokia 800 and OS2007 could check that and possibly fix the problem by either:

1. Create a specific nokia2007 target with the new libXau
2. or try to use -L instead, so that the binary will run on both platforms and dynamically choose the proper binary. "

I'm wondering if OS2008 doesn't introduce a libXau? In any case, I couldn't figure out how to create either an nokia2007 or nokia2008 target, but would love to. Any hints, anyone?

I'd love to get this working! (Especially if emulated serial ports or ethernet would begin to work--then we could sync this bad boy with Basilisk.)

Best,
Jon

I don't have a mac, and I download compiled binaries for Nokia 770 (ITOS 2006) from
http://dillernet.com/apple/2007/07/2...for-nokia-770/