Active Topics

Originally Posted by dont View Post
Q3. XUL has always looked really interesting but I have never got my head around it enough to decide if I want to invest time learning to use it. That, plus the vague feeling that it might only be an internal project used by Mozilla - not really a well-supported, well-documented development environment. Was I wrong about this, or is the outlook for XUL about to change?
It might be worthwile just for the purpose of studying how the separation of presentation and logic is done in XUL. The basic concepts stay relevant and are also used in .Net (XAML) for example. Even if XUL would never go beyond Firefox.

Last edited by iamthewalrus; 2008-09-02 at 17:50.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I'm running it since today on my box (not tablet - its quite faster than 2.0 You can't get me to compile it though

Last edited by Bundyo; 2008-09-02 at 20:19.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Well, I'm not ticked that you're running Shredder on your x86 (I think that's what your post said), I'd be ticked if you said, "I've compiled it for my tablet, it runs well, but I had to modify the make files extensively... No, you can't have any of my work..."

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post: