Active Topics

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sacramento, California
I've used them on a Dell Axim X51v (windows mobile) that I owned and loved them..They supply the back door that houses the battery since it needs to fit the new battery. I do question if the new back door is made from polished metal or plastic. Either way, the extended power it offers is quite satisfying. My Axim did get 2.5 the runtime as a result so you should expect the same.

Posts: 27 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Canada
Originally Posted by Benson View Post
Yes, I've heard nothing but good about Mugen batteries, although I don't have any.

And, no, it won't fit the N800 as is. Not knowing the dimensions, I don't know if it could be placed in the battery cavity and wired up, but I doubt it, and I know the cover would be wrong.
They do have one available for the 770/N800 here.

The Following User Says Thank You to doppers For This Useful Post:
That's an 1.8Ah, vs. 1.3Ah factory; fits the factory cover (I hope!) and will probably be my choice when I need to replace the battery. But it's not the same as the 3.6Ah available for the N810, and being discussed here.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
"Interesting but, is this 'secure'? You know, with exploding batteries and all those problems."

No one posting here has ever claimed to have had an exploding battery, but I think that iPods have a problem with overheating batteries with THE ORIGINAL BATTERIES, NOT KNOCKOFFS.

In fact, I've been noticing lately that almost all the battery problems I see are with the original batteries. Maybe people should be advised to buy cheapo Hong Kong batteries and replace the originals? (joke)

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Winnpeg, MB, CAN
Originally Posted by dfinch View Post
How about dimensios and run time when you get it? Maybe charge time as well?
Oh and what does the statusbar battery meter tell you? TIA
sure
I'll do my best.

http://www.tyrannozaurus.com

Posts: 229 | Thanked: 108 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Sacramento, California
Did you guys see that there is a 1800mAh battery option for the N810 if you don't want the extended size from the 3600mAh? I believe Benson might have been referring to a link that someone else posted for the N800.

But, here's the one for the N810

It's only a 20% increase over the 1500mAh battery that comes with the N810 but it's better than nothing.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by Munk View Post
Did you guys see that there is a 1800mAh battery option for the N810 if you don't want the extended size from the 3600mAh? I believe Benson might have been referring to a link that someone else posted for the N800.

But, here's the one for the N810

It's only a 20% increase over the 1500mAh battery that comes with the N810 but it's better than nothing.
Does it fit better than the 3600mAh?

Originally Posted by allnameswereout View Post
Does it fit better than the 3600mAh?
Yes, it does. Exactly like the nokia battery. Although I'm still wondering where the extra 300 mah is up on the stock battery as it still registers 10 days on standby and 7 hours of use. Still, it doesn't perform any worse than the nokia battery.

Well I ordered one..for $31.00 shipped not to much to lose.

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2006 @ Bulgaria
Hello guys.

I got mine 3.6Ah battery before a week and I have some observations about its behaviuor. First - N810 reports 10 days for the battery fully charged. 10 days I read as 100% full.

Only once N810 said 16 day when I first placed the new battery. After one charge cycle it consistently says 10 .. 0 days while discharging.

I tested run time. And I am not quite satisfied. Emailed to eten.hu and waiting response.

I tested run time putting N810 at 100% cpu load by little shell script:
while :; do seq 1 40000000; done

The original battery runs about 6h45m.
The new one runs about 10h.
Tested twice.

Times are for discharging full battery until N810 powers off.
10h run time in this case suggests battery of 2.2Ah. Not 3.6

This may be caused by not enough charging or not fully discharging battery also.
Waiting response from eten.hu.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gonzoiii For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery, n810