Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
[testimonial] I like the two device combo. Not only don't I have a problem with it, in fact, it makes sense to me, but I don't think you need something as powerful as the N95. A simple cheap phone is enough.

I use my phone (razr v3) to make phone calls because it's small enough to fit in my pocket for easy access. My N810 doesn't weigh down my bag like a laptop and I use it to get to the internet (essentially checking my email) because it's big enough to see/read. And, since I can also use the phone to connect to the internet on my N810 in wireless-less places, the combo is just right for me.

Add in the gps, and it's a perfect combo for travel. I've just gotten back from a week long trip and used it for, let's see, checking and writing email, checking my news feeds, watching movies on the train/plane, writing & posting to my blog, showing off photos I took that day and last month to all the relatives and finding my way around in a strange town thanks to the most killa app, MaemoMapper! Did I forget anything? [/testimonial]

O right. The camera, or lack thereof. Well, I guess it isn't perfect but it's very good!

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Germany
When I'm away I can life without N810 but I can't life without N82.

N82 is:
- ActiveSync client (I've a dovecot imap / z-push system at home)
- UPNP Server
- plays recorded VGA videos w/o problems
- 5MP cam / Full VGA videocam
- geotags my photos VERY fast
- does have working GPS programs (including Google and Nokia maps)
- does have a very intelligent tv-out to show presentations at work and photos/videos on a big screen when I'm at my friends home
- is small
- I've python to do some small own tasks
- I can take phone calls

I can't do that with my N810... a dream combo is the best of N82 + E61 + N810 together in one device

Thanks for all the replies.

@ slha89, does the N82 support Wi-fi? The N82 is looking better & better.

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Germany
@iff2mastamatt: yes, of course.

And N82 (or better: Symbian) does have a useful PIM (no discussion, the actual Maemo PIMs are nice trys)

Please, if you can wait then read about Nvidia Tegra...
That's SOMETHING!!

Yeah that processor (Nvidea Tegra) looks cool. Maybe it is a great time to invest in NVDA.........

Posts: 144 | Thanked: 45 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Detroit
Sony XPeria and HTC Touch Diamond are another option

I'm surprised no one has suggested the E90 yet. That's the only phone out now that can compete with the N810 in terms of having an 800 pixel wide resolution, QWERTY, front-facing camera, and wifi. No US 3G though.

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by ReverendDeath View Post
I'm surprised no one has suggested the E90 yet. That's the only phone out now that can compete with the N810 in terms of having an 800 pixel wide resolution, QWERTY, front-facing camera, and wifi. No US 3G though.
It's a Series 60 phone, with badly adapted software to widescreen and suffering from quite a few firmware problems.

On second thought, it's competing quite nicely with the N8X0.

I'm kinda looking for a phone that looks the closest to the N810. l'm just wordering If the N95 can do everything the N810 can...