Active Topics

Hi, new here! Can anyone tell me why flash videos on for example www.stuff.tv www.cnet.co.uk and www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer play slow or very choppy? the sound is fine but it seems the images cant keep up. This flash 9 feature was one reason why I bought the N810, but it seems it cant handle flash!! is there something i can do to make it smoother? i'm not even watching the flash videos full size!! Any help would be greatly appreciated ta!!

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Um, find yourself an old 400MHz Pentium III and tell me how those videos play.

mmm... i have read your 'witty' remarks in the past. thanks for this one. So i guess unless there is an option to change reolution on the video itself, I'm stuffed witht the quality it shows? Oh well...

Well, I'll welcome you to ITT The only thing that I've found to work (sometimes) is to tap-and-hold on the flash player and select low resolution. It may, however, be more subjective than anything.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to doctorbri For This Useful Post:
Yeah don't mind him, he's a d-bag to us newbies.

Welcome! Certain sites work better than others, Veoh works really well when I want to catch the latest Naruto or Bleach. Otherwise it's hit or miss in my experience.

The Following User Says Thank You to Konceptz For This Useful Post:
Some people have suggested that sites like youtube play better if you pause the player and let the video download completely before letting it play.
BBC just seem to have chosen tablet hostile codecs for iplayer.
the old realpayer streams weren't as bad.

The Following User Says Thank You to IanH For This Useful Post:
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Nice welcome guys. It can be a tough break for a newbie. I will try your suggestions