Active Topics

Notices

Confused.
Trying to install Gnumeric spreadsheet , Evince reader and some s.c. Maemo games eg Doom needing a game start file. They are on the 2006 "ready" Applic Cataloque!

They were working fine in my OS2005/770 but now with OS2006 even links where I could think to find the files in question don't open. (Installs of e.g. 2006 FBReader and MaemoMapper went beautifully.) (The applications mentioned in iTTalk's Software Section are obviously for OS2005?!?). Previously relatively simple procedures seem to be now so complicated. There are directory trees with large amount files but how I am sure which one is valid. Tried some promising but showed to be imcompatible. Confusing.

Any hints how to get those programs up and working??

this blog might be useful http://etrunko.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the advice.
So, got Doom working but Evince and e.g. Battleqweled otherwise promising but then "unable to install"!
And seeing nothing promising about Gnumeric.
This is frustrating.
Well - so - obviously the program system works beautifully for the developers, but it looks like that we endusers have been forgotten.
Any hint to find Gnumeric?

etrunko ported gnumeric to the 770.
the link above is his blog.

http://etrunko.blogspot.com/2006/08/...-packages.html

Thats the blog entry where he nounced gnumeric.
the first repo doesnt exist any longer, so you have to take the second one.

just ad it to your application catalog and you ill be able to download gnumeric.

read the comments on the site. there is another repo mentioned which you have to ad to your catalog to downlod gnumeric.

hope that helps.

Thanks ...... but I don't know what to say now. Gnumeric too, like Evince, gives "unable to install"! When looking at details and there status ="uninstallable", a libglide-file is missing! Has it another repo? Or is it something in my 770? Hardly because some installations went smoothly.

The Following User Says Thank You to Maerra For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Maerra
Thanks ...... but I don't know what to say now. Gnumeric too, like Evince, gives "unable to install"! When looking at details and there status ="uninstallable", a libglide-file is missing! Has it another repo? Or is it something in my 770? Hardly because some installations went smoothly.
I get this same thing - I have tried to do it manually, all sorts of things and it still fails, missing some file.

I would like to be able to use this application.

I dunno.

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Berlin, Germany
Originally Posted by count zero

read the comments on the site. there is another repo mentioned which you have to ad to your catalog to downlod gnumeric.
Good luck!

Thanks again ..... Battleqweled and Evince installed as expected =well. Gnumeric too though at the end of installation process a quick info window stated something that "unable to install", still seems to work.

The first lession here is that one has to read all the discussion and comment portions of the site because there is always some changes in repositories, versions etc if one has at first place found really working address.

The second lession is that 2006 installation procedure is too complicated opening thus an obvious risk to make mistakes, by the enduser like me or/and by the developer.
Probably the system works well for the developers, but it looks like that we endusers have been forgotten.

Originally Posted by rok
Good luck!
what do you mean
with that?
on the site i linked to are
only a few comments.
in one of them etrunko mentioned the repo that is needed.
i think if a person is able to read, that is pretty easy and requires no luck.