Active Topics

Notices

I'm a new N810 owner since a couple of week, just recently updated to Diablo and every day I'm a happier user.

I'd be perfectly happy if there would be a Twitter Homescreen plugin, that would allow me very quickly to update my twitter status (without the need to start any specific application) and even to see a configurable number of twitter user timeline updates (3 to 4 lines or entries, in order not to clutter the screen).

Does this exist (and I haven't searched correctly) ? If not - and as I'm not a developper - would someone with available freetime be able to develop something like this ? I'm convinced many people would be happy to see this...

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Mitter ain't good enough for you?

Posts: 43 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Winnpeg, MB, CAN
your talking about something like the google search applet that basically just gives you a text box to enter our twitter post?

http://www.tyrannozaurus.com

@Antikx: That's how I would envision it. I would love an applet like this. The whole idea of twitter is to quickly type something in and get on with life. Having to wait for a browser to load just makes me use twitter that much less.

Not a necessity but it would be a cool little app.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
hmm, was there not plans to put twitter support into the jaiku client?

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by moom View Post
I'd be perfectly happy if there would be a Twitter Homescreen plugin...
The idea for such an applet has been discussed previously, but thus far, no developer has written one.

Currently, your choices are Mitter, Mauku, or updating via IM.

the im update ability have been down for some time now, as it was a spam magnet or something...

I'll give a try to Mitter. Mauku seems to be closed for registration but apparently you can request an invitation to the community. Will give it a shot as well.
But as Sloan mentionned, best would be not to have to start any program, but just ype in an update on the homescreen, press enter and that's it.

i dont think the bit about registration on the mauku page talks about jaiku registration via a google invite. the twitter support should hopefully be independent of that. but they seem a bit late with their release of the twitter enabled version...

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by tso View Post
...but they seem a bit late with their release of the twitter enabled version...
For me, the Twitter enabled version of Mauku crashes every 5 to 15 minutes. If my installation is not atypical, then the delay may be to squash bugs. And in the meantime, well, Mauku's uptime is still better than that of Twitter itself.

EDIT: Version 0.5.2 of Mauku appears to have squashed the crash bug.

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2008-08-04 at 18:33. Reason: Updating stability information

Tags
applet, development, homescreen, microblogging, n810, twitter