Active Topics

Greetings! I have had my N810 for a few months and have really enjoyed it.

Last Sunday I upgraded to the latest OS. Everything seemed to go smoothly, I proceeded to re-install apps and add some new ones. I also added new repositories listed on a blog. The last thing I installed was easy-deb-chroot which I had read about. Just to play with it.

Beginning Tuesday, I noticed some things I can best describe as glitches. Below is what I have been experiencing:
  • Keyboard no longer lights up when the screen is slide up
  • Web browser fails to open -- It worked fine for a while, then I went open it Thursday and it displayed "Updating", after a while it gave the message "Unable to open"
  • The Alarm does not activate
  • While listening to music in Canola, other songs on my external card "bleed through". For instance, I was listening to an album that conain a song that contained silence. During the silence, a song from another album began to play. It stopped when the track changed.

I have been able to reproduce each of these, and am quite baffled by them. I am curious if this is a result the OS upgrade or somehow because of that debian app I installed. Any thoughts or recommendations? Has anyone else experienced any of these?

I re-flashed the OS (Diablo) and obviously everything works now. I am not going to install the Debian and see if I encounter these errors this upcoming week. I really hate just blowing away and restarting, but I could not find any other solution. Oh well.

The Following User Says Thank You to lettik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I was going to be Captain Unpopularity and suggest the reflash but I'm glad it worked. I just upgraded to Diablo but haven't needed root access yet... maybe I'll go about it in a different method.

I have encountered the same problems, but instead of upgrading, I flashed and stopped using terminal's apt-get update && apt-get upgrade as root. This seemed to fix the problem by only using the Application Manager.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Hedgecore View Post
I just upgraded to Diablo but haven't needed root access yet... maybe I'll go about it in a different method.
rootsh, it's in Extras.