Notices

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ El Ejido, Almería, España
It would be nice, because the Source Code is available in SourceForge, and it's in Python. But it needs OpenGL and a pretty large amount of RAM to work properly. Anyway, could be made something like this?

(Made With Gimp =D)
Of course, it would support only a touch at once, so, most of the songs couldn't be played, but I could "port" the songs =P

Saludos, Binky

Won't work due to OpenGL. Heck, it doesn't really run properly on my 3D desktop system.. it kneels the whole machine.

The Following User Says Thank You to TA-t3 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 177 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Phoenix
Not to hijack your thread, but I'd be more interested in a chord generator app for the tablet, than a guitar game. Maybe I should try to learn how to port these things...

iphone 3g has something like this.. which sucks cuz my friend has one and that was a nifty game I can't duplicate >.>.

I did get him on Doom though.. since you just can't go wrong with doom .
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!

Originally Posted by Wes Doobner View Post
Not to hijack your thread, but I'd be more interested in a chord generator app for the tablet, than a guitar game. Maybe I should try to learn how to port these things...
Something like Jam Sessions for Nintendo DS. By far, the only thing I remember for Tablets like that is 4-strings chords, an app that shows all the chords to mandolinas, banjos and basses. Only shows, does not play them.

Saludos, Binky.

N-Binky even if we had the OpenGL support on the NITs we would have to overcome a major problem: the touchscreen senses only one contact area, so it would be impossible to press two, or three or all the buttons at once...

Extra peripheral, maybe?

Someone could do a game from scratch and have the buttons be the d pad and maybe the home button, etc, and have you strum on the touch screen?

Just a thought.

The Following User Says Thank You to Syntra For This Useful Post:
Nice idea. Could be something like
Left = Green
Up = Red
Right= Yellow
Down = Blue
And the pick, tapping on the screen.

I would like it, but unafortunately I'm not a developer. I'm trying to learn Python or Ruby, but that's a looong way until I can do something like that. I can't do the Hello World! yet =P

Originally Posted by N-Binky View Post
Nice idea. Could be something like
Left = Green
Up = Red
Right= Yellow
Down = Blue
And the pick, tapping on the screen.
You're missing the point: how on earth would be possible to press for red+blue?
Or any combination which implies the pressing of a key and the opposite one?
I guess your NIT wouldn't last long...

It'd be an OK N810 game, though. Take some magic markers to the keyboard, ya know... (You could use home, menu, escape, down, and select, on the N810. But my fingers aren't that small...)

A USB/BT keyboard/gamepad/whatever is better, I think. Which makes me wonder (don't have a console of any sort, so this is dumb...): Are any of the GH/RB/whatever controllers USB or BT interfaces? If so, I suppose it could be interesting to hack one up with a lameified (no openGL) version of this game.