Notices

Whenever I try to select text in FBReader, it scrolls instead.
I followed these instructions
Code:
Please start the Options Dialog, go to the 'Scrolling' tab, choose
'Tap Scrolling' in the 'Options For' combobox, an then 'Disable' in
the 'Scrolling Mode' combobox. Then press the OK button. Selection
should work now.
but that just disables scrolling altogether. I have to go back to Preferences and re-enable scrolling.
Is there a way to select text with double-click and scroll with single-click?

No one? Please?

It looks like it isn't able to be configured exactly the way you want it at the moment.

Other options are:
If you go to Scrolling>Tap Scrollings and select the "Scroll on finger tap only" it's allow you to use stylus to select, but then you kinda have to bash the touch-screen with your finger in order to scroll.

You can also use the d-pad to scroll (with or without tap scrolling disabled). I usually set it up with Down being a small scroll forward, right being a large scroll forward etc.

"Scroll on finger tap only" still scrolls with the stylus. I've tried setting the pressure in the Maemo tab.
You're right. It seems there is no way to configure it the way I want.

I also set min max pressure in maemo pad as 0-40 and now I cannot scroll by stylos which is very nice. To select text by stylos is not comfortable yet, but it least it does not interfere
with scrolling.

I have no problems selecting text in FBreader, I just double tap and hold and then move the stylus to the end of the text I want selected, then you need to use the menu to get Selection, Copy to clipboard.

Originally Posted by pataphysician View Post
I have no problems selecting text in FBreader, I just double tap and hold and then move the stylus to the end of the text I want selected, then you need to use the menu to get Selection, Copy to clipboard.
I am not sure I understood. First of all I don't need it copied to clipboard.
I need it only selected. I don't understand why you double tap. I am just taping at the beginning of the text and move the stylos to the end. But I have to touch the screen over all the text selected. Do you?

Tags
fbreader