Notices

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by pablob View Post
I've tried the applet in my 770 with OS2008HE, and (as expected I guess) the volume worked well while the brightness did not do anything (I am using Fanoush's SDHC+other stuff kernel, and I don't know if it has "advanced brightness" support).
The hooks are actually in the code for working with fanoush's kernel method, they're just commented out. 770 support is somewhere on the list, it's just kind of taken a back seat to other issues. If you want to play with the code a bit and uncomment the relevant lines, you can probably get it working fairly easily, though.

Originally Posted by pablob View Post
I imagine that is because the kernel did not support rotations, and I wonder if it is possible to make that work in the 770...
Yes, it's hardware rotation, so it's a kernel issue. I'm not sure what status is for 770 rotation support.

The Following User Says Thank You to GeneralAntilles For This Useful Post:
Posts: 98 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Antonio, TX
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
Introducing multi-threaded sliding widgets. I added this to my own stuff last week and I woke up this (yesterday) morning and decided to add it to your stuff. It's working well. The volume change is smoother than Nokia's (especially when I disconnect the beep). And that's a remaining problem: the volume change beep. As of last week, the hildon volumebar widget wouldn't let me know when it received a button release event (that's when Nokia beeps). Every other widget does. F*cker. Maybe I need an event box; not sure. Anyway, I've enclosed the following 3 files that I changed against 0.11-7:

trunk/merge/configure.ac
trunk/merge/Makefile.am
trunk/merge/advanced-backlight.c

I realize the changes are major for someone not on the project (I'm too afraid to make a context diff), but you should look at them. All is not perfect, but I think I did a good job of cleaning up after myself (multiple add/removes from the statusbar). I can post a .deb if you want a demo. "Like butter".
I will check this out and attempt to implement your changes, hopefully for the next release. Thanks!

Hi folks!

Throwing in my 5 cents:
Option to change the "Display stays lit: When charging / Never" would be hot to have in the program menu

The one from Control Panel -> Display ...

Last edited by Mikma; 2008-07-13 at 11:39. Reason: applet -> program

Originally Posted by rm_you View Post
I will check this out and attempt to implement your changes, hopefully for the next release. Thanks!
Cool. Meanwhile, I'm putting myself through GTK+/GDK/X11 school; I'm determined to find out how that guy (girl) cleanly captures the "button-release-event" in the volumebar. If you, jott or anyone have any ideas I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Posts: 98 | Thanked: 189 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ San Antonio, TX
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
Cool. Meanwhile, I'm putting myself through GTK+/GDK/X11 school; I'm determined to find out how that guy (girl) cleanly captures the "button-release-event" in the volumebar. If you, jott or anyone have any ideas I'd appreciate it. Thanks.
Yeah... As you saw, I am doing a really ugly workaround/hack to make it only beep once every second or so (instead of just spamming beeps) but it would be awesome if you could figure that out. I used to use a HildonControlbar, which let me set its update method such that it didn't throw value-changed events until the user stopped moving it for some period of time (ie, got the bar to where they wanted it after dragging). I've thought about looking at how that was done, but the GTK+ codebase is way over my head at the moment.

Edit: As it turns out, the volumebar does support that, it's just buried in the GtkAdjustment bits... We'll have it done soon.

Originally Posted by Mikma View Post
Hi folks!

Throwing in my 5 cents:
Option to change the "Display stays lit: When charging / Never" would be hot to have in the program menu

The one from Control Panel -> Display ...
If I have my way, *all* of the options in the Display Control Panel widget will be present in our configuration, and we will hopefully be able to actually fully replace that control panel widget for much more seamless integration. I don't yet have a timeline for that, but hopefully within the next month. :/

Last edited by rm_you; 2008-07-13 at 17:11.

Advanced Backlight needs translators!

We're ready for l18n, we just need some translators to get to work. jott has already put together a German translation, but there are plenty more to do.

See here.

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
I can translate it into Spanish. How do I send it to you?

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Well, this is the Spanish translation. I hope everything is OK.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Spanish.txt (1.6 KB, 104 views)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alephito For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by alephito View Post
I can translate it into Spanish. How do I send it to you?
Just fill in the msgstr "" with the translated string, then add your name and email address at the top.

For example:
Code:
#: advanced-backlight.c:1008
msgid "Rotation"
msgstr "Rotación"
See the German translation as well.

Then just get that text file to us however you want.

Posts: 3,397 | Thanked: 1,212 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Netherlands
Language=Dutch
License=Public Domain

#: advanced-backlight.c:953
msgid "Instellingen..."
msgstr ""

#: advanced-backlight.c:972
msgid "Helderheid"
msgstr ""

#: advanced-backlight.c:990
msgid "Volume"
msgstr ""

#: advanced-backlight.c:1008
msgid "Rotatie"
msgstr ""

#: advanced-backlight.c:1526
msgid "Geavanceerd Achterlicht"
msgstr ""

#: advanced-backlight.c:1533
msgid ""
"Sta nul achterlicht toe\n"
"(N800 gebruikers opgelet!)"
msgstr ""

#: advanced-backlight.c:1540
msgid "Beep tijdens volume verandering"
msgstr ""

#: advanced-backlight.c:1546
msgid "Thema"
msgstr ""

#: advanced-backlight.c:1551
msgid "Helderheid stap grootte"
msgstr ""

#: advanced-backlight.c:1556
msgid "Volume stap grootte"
msgstr ""

#: advanced-backlight.c:1576
msgid "Waarschuwing"
msgstr ""

#: advanced-backlight.c:1580
msgid ""
"Weet je zeker dat je het achterlicht uit wilt schakelen?\n"
"Indien het achterlicht uit is geschakelt kan het erg moeilijk\n"
"zijn het weer aan te krijgen omdat het scherm niet meer zichtbaar is\n"
msgstr ""

Not sure about some parts. Literal translations suck. Feel free to use this in anyway.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to allnameswereout For This Useful Post: