Poll: How do you like Diablo?
Poll Options
How do you like Diablo?

Posts: 2,361 | Thanked: 3,746 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Berlin - Love this city!!
for me the time how long the battery last has reduced...
therfore: reflashing chinook. to make chinook as smooth as diablo just go into red-pill-mode und update the operating system in program manager.

I seriously doubt that upgrading to Diablo via unsupported and hackful SSU from Chinook will have any difference in battery life.

For my (anecdotal) evidence:
I used:
  • Chinook on internal flash: Good battery life.
  • another Chinook on the SD: Good battery life.
  • pseuDiablo on the SD: Good battery life.
    (There was not, among these 3, any discernable difference in ordinary usage; I didn't do any actual tests with reproducible load, though.)
  • Debian on the SD: I never used it long enough without rebooting to draw any conclusions.
Now I've got:
  • Diablo (released) on internal flash: Good battery life.
  • Chinook on the SD (clone of the previous Chinook/internal): Good battery life.

I don't see any substantial difference, and there's no reason there should be. However, almost all of these installations occasionally had severe battery drain, when I accidentally left some process stomping at 100% CPU; metalayer-crawler (until I disabled it on each installation, of course) and the browser were the most frequent offenders.

Posts: 228 | Thanked: 30 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Ontario & Iceland
I'm pretty sure that my gradually decreasing battery life is due to age and not the OS. I grew up being told that batteries should be nearly drained before charging and thus the fewest charge cycles. Come to learn that these batteries prefer charging every chance you get. No complaints about that.

The easier app upgrades and lack of any major difference elsewhere has me voting yes, love it. Diablo didn't fix the things I was hoping for but it didn't break anything I've noticed so I'm not unhappy with the flash.

hmm, make that a vote for updated, but it still has some bugs that need to be fixed! Still looking for XMPP fixes and the mystery A2DP function.

Posts: 51 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Greece
i like diablo. some bugs have to be fixed.
i would like to see more option.

more option (with GUI) on how i like the menu
more option on how i like the wallpaper
more option on how i like the theme
more option on how i like the icons...

i love customizing ...but give us the options

Just upgraded my n810 last night.
Saved my settings / apps, reflashed to diablo and installed my settings / older apps as prompted by the upgrade process.

Some hiccups along the way. For example all the original mp3s, desktop patterns and document files reappeared (not too much of a surprise) but I ran out of space when reinstalling my apps.

Some weirdnesses involving the Modest app wanting to be upgraded ubt failing (I've fixed that now)

Some weirdnesses with application hangs (I had to pull the battery twice now)

The GPS with AGPS does seem to work MUCH better for me.

Reinstalled Debian, works okay once I installed the extra hildon packages which seemed to get lost in the upgrade. Symptom was that the IceWM window wouldn't go to full screen.

Things seem a little wonky still, I find the repository management and application upgrade process pretty clunky.