Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by Underscore View Post
It really does; I think around 30-40 mb. That provided video clip by itself is 11 mb!
Dont forget about all those docs, I only need a userguide in english.

For that matter I dont need a userguide at all.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 232 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ the end of my rope
Sorry PB, but after a fresh flash and some tinkering with kernel and initfs, seems I can't install. Any tips for a geezer?

UPDATE: Uninstalled bootmenu-installer, rebooted, and tried again. Unable to install. Tried again. Unable to install. Tried again. Unable to install. Tried again. Installed.

Thanks again for the tools, PB!
Attached Files
File Type: txt Log.txt (942 Bytes, 123 views)

Last edited by lm2; 2008-07-01 at 19:00.

Originally Posted by lm2 View Post
Sorry PB, but after a fresh flash and some tinkering with kernel and initfs, seems I can't install. Any tips for a geezer?

UPDATE: Uninstalled bootmenu-installer, rebooted, and tried again. Unable to install. Tried again. Unable to install. Tried again. Unable to install. Tried again. Installed.

Thanks again for the tools, PB!
trying to overwrite `/root/install-tools.tgz', which is also in package bootmenu-installer
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed

Uninstall bootmenu-installer first. Its ok, all my install-tools and bootmenu-installers are designed to be removed after install is complete.
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Hi Pb, I too upgraded to Diablo and wanted to know if there is anything different that I should do or not do before trying to boot from SD. Can I follow the directions for the Chinook OS when installing it? Or would it be better (easier) to revert back to Chinook?

Originally Posted by superstar View Post
Hi Pb, I too upgraded to Diablo and wanted to know if there is anything different that I should do or not do before trying to boot from SD. Can I follow the directions for the Chinook OS when installing it? Or would it be better (easier) to revert back to Chinook?

The installers have all been updated for Diablo

Just use the existing links

The Following User Says Thank You to penguinbait For This Useful Post:
Posts: 51 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Hawaii
Hi all (woo - first post) I'm very new owner of an N800 (less than a month now), no programing skills whatsoever, and I've been lurking this site for about 2 months. I've recently flashed to the new diablo OS2008 and I've been wanting to install KDE for the KOffice option, so following your post in the KDE section, I came to this thread to try and make my N800 boot off the SD card... and of course, I ran into a problem

so, without further adieu... attached is my log file - hope it sheds some light on my problem (other than being clueless...) I called it 'second attempt' because the first time I did it, it didn't look like the file had all the available info...

Thanks in advance!
Attached Files
File Type: txt Second attempt.txt (7.2 KB, 407 views)

Well, this worked on the first try. Thanks VERY much.

And imagine my surprise to see Samba shares in the File Manager!! Woo hoo.

However, only the shares on my wife's Windows XP system are visible, the shared folders on my Windows XP system are not (even though I can access them on my XBMC setup).

Can anybody suggest the change I need to make in my PC config to see these SMB shares? Thx!

Originally Posted by buma View Post
Hi all (woo - first post) I'm very new owner of an N800 (less than a month now), no programing skills whatsoever, and I've been lurking this site for about 2 months. I've recently flashed to the new diablo OS2008 and I've been wanting to install KDE for the KOffice option, so following your post in the KDE section, I came to this thread to try and make my N800 boot off the SD card... and of course, I ran into a problem

so, without further adieu... attached is my log file - hope it sheds some light on my problem (other than being clueless...) I called it 'second attempt' because the first time I did it, it didn't look like the file had all the available info...

Thanks in advance!

The log says:

ERROR
SD CARD IS IN USE - SAVE DEB TO FLASH AND RE-RUN
ERROR

Either you have Virtual Memory enabled, or you saved the deb file on the SD card you are trying to partition

Originally Posted by boblinds View Post
Well, this worked on the first try. Thanks VERY much.

And imagine my surprise to see Samba shares in the File Manager!! Woo hoo.

However, only the shares on my wife's Windows XP system are visible, the shared folders on my Windows XP system are not (even though I can access them on my XBMC setup).

Can anybody suggest the change I need to make in my PC config to see these SMB shares? Thx!
Is it passwoded? I think the Samba that comes on the Tablet doesn't have support for password protected shares yet.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

I can confirm this works nicely on 2008HE. Just successfully cloned on my 770 with a 1gb mmc card. At first I forgot to turn off the swap, but then worked perfectly! Thanks PB!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Atarii For This Useful Post:

Tags
deprecated