Active Topics

I purchased my N810 from Amazon and selected a bundle with microSDHC memory. The supplied adaptor that holds the micro chip will not fit into the N810. The adaptor is a bit too wide. The marking on the adaptor says "micro to SD adaptor".
Do I have the wrong adaptor? Should it be a "micro to mini SD adaptor"?
Probably silly question but mini/micro SD is new to me.
Thanks for any help and pointers.

Yes, you need a micro to mini adapter

Posts: 33 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ Chichester
There are three standards going on here (if we forget about SDHC and non-SDHC for now). There's the biggest of the three - an SD card, then there's the next size down - a MiniSD - and finally the smallest is a MicroSD. The slot in the base of your N810 takes a MiniSD Card so if you've bought a MicroSD card, you'll need, as jaksn says, a MicroSD to MiniSD adapter. You can then place the MicroSD into the MicroSD to MiniSD adapter and the two things together slot into the N810. I have an 8GB MicroSD inside a MicroSD to MiniSD adapter and it works well. Micro to Mini adapters are a couple of quid from eXpansys.com.

Tim

Posts: 227 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Lyon, France
In France, it is cheaper to purchase a kit 1-GB card + adapters in a local store! BTW, the 8-GB microSDHC card I purchased was provided with a USB adapter, so that I eventually got a 1-GB USB flash drive for "free" (well, in fact, this is tying...).

Thanks all. I've ordered the correct adaptor.