Notices

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 502 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Bowling Green Ohio (united states)
I know this is probably an unusual question but i've ben browsing around the internet trying to find the simplest way to get Android installed on my N800 but have not ben successful. Does enyone know ware to get some fairly simple information on how to get this running on the device and if at all possible, has someone allrety created a tarball that could just be extracted on to a bootable partition on a memory card?
My ports/creations/hacks: GNOME (for Deblet), Cdeb2», Ubuntu, playable flash games in the "Get Started" app, DBS, ect...

enhanced fedora port has been canceled in favor of NITDebian (TBA)

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by b-man View Post
Does enyone know ware to get some fairly simple information on how to get this running on the device and if at all possible, has someone allrety created a tarball that could just be extracted on to a bootable partition on a memory card?
Not yet. Have you read the existing Android on N8XX thread? If not, you might jump in here.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post:
Posts: 26 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Dayton, TN
I've looked into running Android myself and as far as I can tell it's not simple at all at this point and probably won't be simple for a while. Ive heard it's especially difficult on the N800 because the onscreen keyboard support just isn't very good yet.

But I'm really no expert at all. That's just the gist I got from what little research I did.

Originally Posted by b-man View Post
I know this is probably an unusual question but i've ben browsing around the internet trying to find the simplest way to get Android installed on my N800 but have not ben successful. Does enyone know ware to get some fairly simple information on how to get this running on the device and if at all possible, has someone allrety created a tarball that could just be extracted on to a bootable partition on a memory card?
Well man this is all that i have found and it sounds fairly easy if i new what i was doing

So If you do happen to find this out and manage to get it running then could you please post some easier directions? Im still pretty new when it comes to things like this.

http://www.alextreme.org/drupal//?q=android_on_n810