Active Topics

I did installed on Tiger maps. It is findign the addresses through Find Address option, but when I select New Trip option, it is not responding. It is not generating the route on its own. If I am doing something wrong, help me.

I have to apologize. I just came back to edit my prior post and you had already replied. You're right. you can do address lookup, but no route generation. I'm quite certain I must have clicked "Route from google" when I generated a route in my early testing because for the life of me, I can't recreate what I was so sure I had done.

>> I agree that the Maps shouldn't be an expensive add-on, but I
>> don't think they should be free.

Thanks for your input. Always welcome.

I don't need Map to be free, but I would expect it to be more reasonably priced.

>> Nokia isn't selling this as a GPS ...

Sorry to break up your sentence... They may not sell it as a GPS, but they sure as heck set it up to be one. Internal GPS is one of the main added expenses, it also comes with a bracket for mobile mounting, and Map is listed as the very First application in the
menu. They meant it to be important, unfortunately wayfinder is a dissapointing solution.

>> ...and I don't see a reason for them to absorb the cost
>> when GPS is only used by a subset of the users.

Didn't mean for them to absorb the cost, but they can influence it.

Have fun,
Pat

Does WayFinder require an internet connection to provide turn-by-turn directions (as MaemoMapper does ?)

I'm planning a trip to Italy, and data roaming cost are too high to be usable.

Also, how good are the Italy maps an POIs in it ? (I'm on Diablo, with updated maps)

Unfortunately, I can't get my evaluation copy to work (says it expired about a year ago)... though I never used it.
Probably someone [ab]used my MAC address for the 7-days hack long described in the forum.

TIA.

Wayfinder does not require data connection. Maps and all the other required data is stored on your tablet.

I was in Rome last week and used my Maps briefly in the city and most of the POIs near my hotel were in the Maps. Wayfinder uses TeleAtlas maps and the updated maps are version 2008/01. I would think that they are fairly well up to date.

If you use A-GPS feature, it will download satellite information over packet data, but that is easy to disable in A-GPS settings.

The Following User Says Thank You to aot For This Useful Post: