Notices

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Originally Posted by fiferboy View Post
alephito, I have almost entirely gone off the idea of putting alarms in it, mostly because I am not out to replace any PIM packages. I realize your comment was tongue-in-cheek, but I really just wanted a light-weight application to show me how much time is left to certain events (I am a big counter downer).
Yeah, I was joking.

Thanks for all your plugins. I am a big fan of them.

I see in the screenshots that you can manually select to show/hide the minutes/hours etc, but can it automatically hide the days for example if it goes to 0 days remaining. i.e. from:
"1 day 1 hour 2 minutes"
would automatically change to:
"23 hours 59 minutes"
as it counts down?

Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
atarii, I have been thinking about putting that in. It is not there right now but it should be easy enough to put in the next version.

Last edited by fiferboy; 2008-06-14 at 00:00.

I was babbling about this in another thread but I thought I'd toss it out here, too.

I know you can't put a floating calculator on top of a window but sometimes I really want an onscreen calculator I can use when trying to figure things out using numbers on a webpage (mostly, I admit, when I'm trying to figure out my finances and bank balances).

I thought an application that would be a small-space basic calculator, position-able to one corner of the window, maybe with one continuous line of adding machine tape that runs semi-transparently along the bottom (or top) of the screen as an option.

Xword (the crossword puzzle application) has the toolbar layout of letters preferences so you can choose to have the letters appear on the left or right of the screen (good for me, a lefty, since the letters on the left mean I'm not always reaching across the puzzle to choose letters. The position options could be upper left corner, upper right, lower left, lower right, etc.

If the basic calculator could take up, what, a third or quarter of the space allotted to the letters in this application, and then have the rest of the window be completely translucent so that the underlaying window (with the numbers you want to calculate) is clearly visible, then I figure that's the next best thing to having an actual dragable calculator.

And it's just one of those why-didn't-they-*think*-about-these-things things :-)

But I figure one of your real strengths is recognizing core basic, common sense needs for users so, OK, I'll pipe up about it.

Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Updated first post to reflect version 0.3 release.

Countdown Home is now in the maemo Extras repository. There is also a maemo.org download page for it. Both are linked in the first post.

Changes in 0.3 are: bug fixed where hours and minutes would be calculated incorrectly when showing more than one large unit. Feature added to hide leading units with a value of zero, as suggested by Atarii.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Hehe, I thought this was a good choice of thread to say happy birthday fiferboy! :P

Thanks. Did my screenshots give it away?

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Well, I saw the birthdays thing at the main page and remembered this thread

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
Feliz cumpleaņos, Andrew.

Thanks, alephito. One of my son's favourite books (Happy Birthday, Maisy) tought me that phrase!