Active Topics

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
I don't get it. I only see her rotating clockwise and don't see how, based on the changing images, she could even remotely be perceived as rotating the opposite way...???
Thanks.

Some people's visual systems must be wired wrong.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Optical DElusion is more like it.

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
Is this really a matter of perception? I swear - I was just staring at the spinning girl on the screen and she was turning clockwise wise - then all of the sudden without any effort from me she started spinning counter clockwise and after about 30 seconds she was spinning clockwise again.

I think the video loop is just changing not my perception

Originally Posted by PinCushionQueen View Post
I think the video loop is just changing...
Heh. Open the GIF and check the frames.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
I don't get it. I only see her rotating clockwise and don't see how, based on the changing images, she could even remotely be perceived as rotating the opposite way...???
Oh, bro'! Same for me... but I recall having see this some months ago also, and I think I could see it rotating either way. Maybe my brain has changed behaviour since then (oh! how I wish it had... )

It's only clockwise, unless you have no grasp of geometry, or deliberately ignore the reflection and imagine you're looking upwards from below. (Which would seem pretty pointless...)

For the first 30 seconds all I could see was her rotating counter-clockwise, but if I studied her non-reflexion foot I could make her change directions. If you only see her rotating clockwise, then when her foot is to the right, you envision that her toes turn toward you, but try to envision then turning away, where instead of her toes being closer to you her heel is.

Author of TouchSearch -- web searching software for Maemo 5.

Mobile Device lineage: Palm Z22 -> Palm TX -> Nokia N800 -> Nokia N900

Originally Posted by BrentDC View Post
For the first 30 seconds all I could see was her rotating counter-clockwise, but if I studied her non-reflexion foot I could make her change directions. If you only see her rotating clockwise, then when her foot is to the right, you envision that her toes turn toward you, but try to envision then turning away, where instead of her toes being closer to you her heel is.
Eh, I don't see it. I can't help but take note of the rest of the image, and her hair, arms, etc all show clockwise rotation to me...

I can't help but take note of the rest of the image, and her hair, arms, etc all show clockwise rotation to me...
Ditto.

Oh well, back to crossing my eyes to make a floating hot dog out of my finger tips.

Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Oh well, back to crossing my eyes to make a floating hot dog out of my finger tips.
I recommend against that at lunch time.