As I'm, sure you all know, the Maemo Bluetooth Plugin version 0.4.0 doesnt run on the current OS version for the Nokia 770. Is there any development effort to bring out an updated plugin that you know of? Any pointers to alternatives that would work?

I love my 770 but am not Linux literate.

Actually it does run. It's not the most stable thing right now, but I've used it with the mail app, Opera, Maemopad & in xterm (including ssh). I have noticed that some apps won't install while the BT keyboard driver is installed, but it seems at least as stable as it was under 2005.

That said, I'd love to see Nokia introduce a decent BT stack that had native support for a keyboard and a headset profile.

When I try to install it says "Unable to install. Package is incompatible with curent softwate." How did you manage to install it?

I downloaded it from:
http://www.windmill.it/maemo/maemo-b....0-2_armel.deb

saving it to my memory card, then installed it via the application manager from file.

Thanks a lot Andras. I couldnt access that windmill site yesterday but got on today. Installed the file and it works with my Stowaway Universal. Azzoti I had the same problem until I used the file Andras linked to. Good luck.

Now I just need to find a good word processing program -- and remember not to use the web with keyboard because it does crash the web browser.

The 2005 variant worked darn well, so I have to wonder what has changed to make it so much more haphazard now?

Couldn't we talk to the same people who made the 2005 variant and ask them to just update? Or am I being a bit overly optimistic and not realizing how much has changed from 2005 to 2006?

Does anyone know what key event is causing the opera applet and browser to crash with the stowaway keyboard? Has anyone made any progress with this?

On further examination, I realized my system is crashing only when i touch the google applet with the stylus when the BT keyboard is paired. Does anyone else have this problem? Somehow there is a focus/touchscreen/keyboard issue occuring and I'm not sure it's the same opera bug previously reported.

I know the full-screen keyboard exists because I took my 770 out of my bag and it was on.

I touched the arrow in the lower-right and the keyboard returned to the normal position on the bottom of the screen,

Anyone know how to switch the KB to full screen?

scr

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
Originally Posted by glyaflya
I know the full-screen keyboard exists because I took my 770 out of my bag and it was on.

I touched the arrow in the lower-right and the keyboard returned to the normal position on the bottom of the screen,

Anyone know how to switch the KB to full screen?

scr

Once you have the browser open tap the address bar with your finger twice and the full screen key board will open.