Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
Total should now be $220. I hope that helps for your new tablet and for your projects.
WOW, Reggie your generousity is very kind, but as I stated

"I have since retruned all the donations I recieved since yesterday"

because

"Lets just say a person who wishes to remain anonymous has pledged to kindly donate to me an extra tablet that they have."

So again thank you VERY much, itt means alot especially from you.

I refunded your donation,, Thanks again for your support
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Last edited by penguinbait; 2008-06-02 at 15:39.

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
Wow. I just got to the end of this thread and I am in turns, both sad and happy. Yes, Virginia...

Sorry PB, about the initial loss. That s**t does hurt, even if you get a new one.

But, and before I donated, no less, I see that this community has come to your support. I add my thanks to you for your projects. really cutting edge stuff.

And to the anonymous donor...thanks for keeping the PB in the game!

Phillip

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Germany
Originally Posted by Scarflash View Post
Hopefully u had a lock code on the device so that the thief can't access the full potential of the tablet.
Scarflash, does this really work now with the latest public software? I have use the internal memory(which should be locked by the security code) of the N810 to store user sensitive data.
By upgrading the software, I've figured out that you can easily bypass it by just flashing the device again. I am not sure if it was a temporary issue or just a feature. From this day on I've removed all my private photos, documents and contacts from the tablet to be sure that this data is not falling into wrong hands.

PB, I hope you did not stored to many user sensitive stuff on the device, e.g. mailbox access data etc.

Posts: 477 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Munich, Germany
Originally Posted by Sorenzo View Post
I have use the internal memory(which should be locked by the security code) of the N810 to store user sensitive data.
May I point out the excellent piece of software called "password safe"?

Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
May I point out the excellent piece of software called "password safe"?
I use another excelent piece of software, called kwallet
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Posts: 477 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Munich, Germany
Well, I tend to use keychain (but that won't work on a Nokia tablet), but it is not quite the same. Password safe is great to save human-used passwords, like credit card or passport numbers, etc... Kwallet or Keychain are great when you want to save web passwords.

Besides, not everybody uses kde on their tablet.

Originally Posted by neubie View Post
Man! I work like a mile from there at SPO on Hill Rd. and I missed my chance for a free N810?!

The sad part is, whoever did it probably thought it was just a GPS.

SPO??

I live on Hill Rd between Fenton and 475

Actually seen here

http://penguinbait.com/index.html

Originally Posted by penguinbait View Post
itt means alot especially from you.
Did u spell it wrong on purpose.
If so, wow.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scarflash For This Useful Post:
well to the guy giving the n810 to PB, i congratulate u.

PS: have fun with the feeling of giving

Posts: 1,674 | Thanked: 171 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Anderson, IN
Is there no possibility that when you save your connections (home, starbucks, etc) that a plugin of sorts could be written to send you an email with location info and a pic (N810 mainly) when it is logged on a network other than one of your saved ones?