Notices

Posts: 674 | Thanked: 191 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Buenos Aires, Argentina
You should activate the hours applet in the Select Applets menu.

The Following User Says Thank You to alephito For This Useful Post:
Posts: 37 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2008 @ San Franicsco
there is no "hours" applet in the applet menu. played with a few colors and fonts but still nothing. i see some people said they deleted the config file, is that right? how would i do that?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
naw. hit up the control panel, then panels, then status bar... enable hours there.

ok, now the hours is at the end of the statusbar and the minutes are at the beginning.

i got it thanks

Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
naw. hit up the control panel, then panels, then status bar... enable hours there.
I meant that. Sorry.

Posts: 134 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ New Jersey
Originally Posted by DistantFire View Post
Nice to have the LSBC back on my desktop; I've missed it. I'll watch over the weekend and give my feedback, too.
fiferboy - I've been busy over the weekend and haven't been on this site, but my IT has suffered no crashes at all with the new LSBC (with alarms disabled). I haven't installed your newer version (the one released on Friday), but will watch closely because I would like to use the alarms again, too.
MP3: Insignia NS-DV4G or IT/Canola

Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
DistantFire: Thanks for the update.

I think I know where the problem must be (there is only a small amount of code that gets bypassed when disabling alarms, so it must be there). Now I just have to figure out what it IS. It clearly was not what I thought it was at first.

The Following User Says Thank You to fiferboy For This Useful Post:
Thanks, fiferboy, for keeping trying.

Posts: 475 | Thanked: 771 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
There was a brief period when a version of lsbc (0.7-5) was available on diablo extras (I fortunately forgot to promote it to chinook extras). This version had a serious bug that caused the desktop to immediately crash if alarms were enabled (as opposed to the eventual crash most people experience).

I have updated the repos with 0.7-6, which does not contain this problem. I have also put in a small fix to the alarm code that may help with desktop crashing. Does anyone feel brave enough to test it?