Hi,

I found the cause why i had problms posting to my blog. http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/example...p?example=true doesn't seem to support the opera that runs on the Nokia 770.

All those "we only support IE" products are rarely worth it, IMHO. Switch.

Posts: 207 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ Texas
Originally Posted by kimmoj
All those "we only support IE" products are rarely worth it, IMHO. Switch.
...is to restrict who uses what. Break away, declare independence!

"All those "we only support IE" products are rarely worth it, IMHO. Switch"

You have clearly never worked with TinyMCE, it's very cross browser actually. I think the better plan is for Opera to be updated to something modern on the 770. The more modern browsers are capable of near desktop like experiences with apps thanks to AJAX and DHTML. The number of sites that won't work properly that use these features to a certain degree (think... just about everything google has except for gmail and search) is quite large so rather than demanding that everyone move back in time, I'd simply rather it was updated on the 770. When the 770 gets a browser that can do google spreadsheet, calendar etc, then suddenly you have a capable thin client. Right now the unit is only really good for checking email and discreetly surfing for pr0n

Have you tried minimo ?

I would definitely like to see Opera 9 and Flash 9 on the 770. That would be incredible. I admit that Opera 8 is getting a bit dated. For me, it hasn't yet been a problem on the 770, but Flash 6 is already an issue.

Hopefully Nokia will do the right thing and get us updated.