Active Topics

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
About NumptyPhysics levels:
http://numptyphysics.garage.maemo.org/levels/
Doh, thanks.

otoh, what is so weird about going to the NumptyPhysics website to download NumptyPhysics levels and, again, have an RSS feed at http://numptyphysics.garage.maemo.org/levels/ that could be syndicated here so Mr Tim Edmonds doesn't need to post twice or more.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
But why a RSS feed, wouldn't in this case a JSON request be more appropriate and probably lighter?

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Doh, thanks.

otoh, what is so weird about going to the NumptyPhysics website to download NumptyPhysics levels and, again, have an RSS feed at http://numptyphysics.garage.maemo.org/levels/ that could be syndicated here so Mr Tim Edmonds doesn't need to post twice or more.
What about custom levels were are you supose to upload them?

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
What about custom levels were are you supose to upload them?
These ARE custom levels - each user now sends them to Tim, who puts them up on the site. But this mechanism can be simplified if they are uploaded to maemo.org by the users creating them for instance and syndicated everywhere else.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Hey Qgil is there anyway there could be a Categorie for themes on maemo.org then Desktop Environment doens't really seem to fit it. If I was a new End User I wouldn't know to look there for themes.

I can't speak for Quim, but going from what he just said, I think you should direct that question to x-fade: (emphasis mine)
- Currently maemo.org works like this: Nokia is funding some guys to gather what is relevant for the community and do it. Or specify it if it's too big, so we can plan a budget for that. Nokia is happy when the maemo community is happy. Many people in this thread have said "talk to X-Fade" aka Niels Breet. He is the webmaster and he is the one pushing the agenda of things to be done. He is also the developer of the maemo downloads, so he knows the thing and what else could do. Nobody at Nokia s bloking him or anybody else from implementing improvements and receiving new feature requests.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
yeah your right

I would like to reply to Quim's long post but I would do it tonight when I get home.

In the mean time, to start things off, here's the Syndication Discussion Wiki:
http://www.internettablettalk.com/wi...rg_Syndication

If this does materialize, I hope I can find the time to implement it...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Reggie For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post
If this does materialize, I hope I can find the time to implement it...
Is the ITT development open? Would it be possible to help you? Either through volunteering or paid work.

Is the ITT development open.
If it is, I'm adding a "No Thanks!" button.

(not so that I can use it on you, qgil, obviously)

The Following User Says Thank You to gnuite For This Useful Post: