Thanks, it works now.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Originally Posted by hns View Post
I uploaded a new release that works around this problem.

http://www.henso.com/files/grumby/

I also implemented looping through widgets using the play times defined in the channel. This works quite well, except for widgets running in cooperative mode such as the youtube widget, where the flash movie sets a flag when it's done (just couldn't get the Javascript working to read the flag from the flash movie).
Cool, this works great! Would it be possible to implement a pause button so it stays on a widget until unpaused? Also it would be useful to be able to swap between several channels.

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Eureka, CA
This is great - pretty much what I asked for way back when...

Is there any way to get it to not display the info box in the upper right corner when it goes from widget to widget. It's rather... distracting.

Thanks!

Posts: 87 | Thanked: 98 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Austria
Originally Posted by johnnyfive View Post
Cool, this works great! Would it be possible to implement a pause button so it stays on a widget until unpaused? Also it would be useful to be able to swap between several channels.
Yes, I want both of that too. Will put them in the next version.Don't expect it too soon though, as I'm back to ordinary work

Right now, when you touch the screen somewhere loading the next movie is delayed for 15 seconds, which works for games, but not for movies of course.

Originally Posted by johsua View Post
Is there any way to get it to not display the info box in the upper right corner when it goes from widget to widget. It's rather... distracting.
Funny, I really like those. Adding a checkbutton to disable them should be easy enough, though.

The Following User Says Thank You to hns For This Useful Post:
Haha, I don't mind it but when I had the chumby widgets set to 15 secs each it was getting really noticable.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Thanks for your work hns, grumby is a cool app. I'm running it under 2008HE. There're some crashes and choppy youtube widget playback because of the poor flash player plugin and the hardware but I'm pretty impressed

Excellent!

I have bought a Chumby and now have the same channel on my bedside table as I do on my NiT.

Posts: 10 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Kansas
Thanks hns and the rest of the team that helped bring Grumby to the NIT. This works great on my N810!!! Plus, its a terrific application to keep you updated with weather, radar maps, stock quotes -- you name it.

For the other newbies like myself, I did have a difficult time getting it configured on my NIT. I finally stumbled across the correct posts on how to load the various software items. But when I set up my Virtual Chumby online I couldnt get it to accept the Channel ID # that I thought I should enter.

The fast answer: Take the code from the page http://www.chumby.com/mychumby/virtualchumby
that begins with "<embed width......." and copy and paste it into the Virtual Chumby HTML Code box on the Preferences/Settings screen. You should be set after a restart of the Grumby application.

Works great!

great app! how about an option to left-align the widget and put next-prev-pause buttons on the right hand side?

I may have missed this:

Will this work on a n770?

Tags
chumby