Active Topics

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
So querty12 is our Neo1992, Gnuite is our Keymaker and Benson is the good Morpheus, but then..who's the Architect ?
Quim ?

Since Nokia has locked down the fun, maybe I should put the Diablo debs on a file host (I believe someone beat me to it, though)...

Does that sound like a lawsuit or what?

I still can't find the damned source for the application manager in Diablo.

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Aisu View Post
I still can't find the damned source for the application manager in Diablo.
Just check out the svn for hildon-application-manager. . . .

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
I think the best way is for a proper developer to provide a deb of Diablo's apt. This would mean the original instructions would still work.

I have the diablo apt, dpkg & hildon-application-manager built but I don't want to provide debs because I can't be arsed to sort out deps.

Originally Posted by qwerty12 View Post
Make sure lifeguard is disabled

Something like flasher-3.0 --enable-rd-mode & --set-rd-flags no-lifeguard-reset should do it in a linux computer
Come on, qwerty12, don't you think I know how to follow directions? Of course that was the first thing I did. ;-)

Right now, though, I'm having trouble booting after the apt-get install completes. I can't flash-and-reboot because the image is too big - is that a necessary step? Because if I reboot without it, the device never boots. Do I need to strip it and flash it before I reboot?

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
I never flashed the initfs.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by gnuite View Post
Right now, though, I'm having trouble booting after the apt-get install completes. I can't flash-and-reboot because the image is too big - is that a necessary step? Because if I reboot without it, the device never boots. Do I need to strip it and flash it before I reboot?
Flashing the kernel and initfs isn't a necessary step. It'll boot just fine without them. I went ahead and deleted the initfs image (per qwerty12's suggestion) and just flashed the kernel after I had booted Diablo. Works fine.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by gnuite View Post
Come on, qwerty12, don't you think I know how to follow directions? Of course that was the first thing I did. ;-)

man, jamm, I didn't know. I know 2 people with same problem because lifeguard wasn't disabled.

You need to rm the initfs image before running flash-and-reboot. Me, being the hacker I am, decided to strip the initfs image of testserver crap and it fits fine. I then ripped out the wimax crap and installed bootmenu in diablo initfs.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Mine wouldn't boot either, so I flashed chinook's latest kernel and initfs back with the flasher and voila! The device boots and I'm in diablo.

But it sure would be great to run diablo's kernel and initfs...

Posts: 481 | Thanked: 190 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Salem, OR
This thread is tooooooo long and ain't got no time to read it all. Pleaseeee somebody write a step by step on how to install Diablo on a N800. If you are afraid to use your own user, use this one:
just_to_help
aaa123