Active Topics

Posts: 574 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ BC, Canada
I just realized that Device Lock doesn't seem to kick in after X minutes of idle time. It worked fine in OS2007 but since I upgraded to OS2008(beta) it hasn't kicked in even once that I can remember. All the settings are correct (eg. 10 minutes).

Anybody else notice this? Or is it working for you in OS2008?

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Lock Screen when the display is turned off (where you have to press power + d-pad center to unlock) is working for me.

Device Lock (where you need to enter the code 12345 to unlock) is also working.

Tested with OS2007 (1.2007.44-4) on N800.

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Device Lock (where you need to enter the code 12345 to unlock) is also working.

Tested with OS2007 (1.2007.44-4) on N800.
I think you meant OS2008(beta). Thanks for testing... it is the Device Lock, not screen lock that I'm having trouble with.

Mine never prompts me to enter a combination to unlock anymore, no matter how long I leave it idle. I don't think it has ever worked since I upgraded to OS2008(beta). If nobody else is having the problem then maybe I'll just hope it fixes itself when I upgrade to OS2008(final).

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
I tested with OS2008 for N810 which I have installed on my N800.

The screen went black (2 minutes to dim, 5 minutes to blackness with 5 minutes set for autolock) at which point I tapped the screen and up popped the number pad asking me to enter the unlock code.

It could be a one off glitch in your OS 2008 Beta installation, but for me it's working the N810 OS on N800. Someone with OS 2008 Beta must be able to confirm if it's working or not!

The Following User Says Thank You to Milhouse For This Useful Post:
I have it working now. Not sure what fixed it because as a last attempt I changed every setting that I thought could be related, then changed them all back and did a cold boot... and now it works.

Thanks for your testing Milhouse... it encouraged me to keep trying.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Sep 2007 @ old bridge nj
I accidentally hit the lock device option now it will not unlock with 12345. Is there anything I can try.

That's the factory password; if you got it used, you could ask the previous owner.

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Sep 2007 @ old bridge nj
Thanks for the help. But I remembered I had changed the code. I feel silly. I'm a 58 year old Vietnam vet with grand children and I get panicky when I couldn't unlock my n800.

Glad you got it; no problem.