Maybe my google-fu is weak, or maybe I just don't know the terms I'm looking for or it doesn't exist.

I want an application that when I'm connected to the internet will check various podcasts for a new podcast and download it to a memory card (external one)

This may also be that I'm new to listening to podcasts... never had something to listen to them on before.

Is there anything like this out there? What's the easiest way to install it?

Posts: 162 | Thanked: 65 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Indiana
Depending on the availability of a compatible RSS/XML feed of the podcast you are wanting to catch, it may be possible to utilize the included VideoCenter application to snag the content for you. Not every feed out there adheres to the syntax VC is looking for. If you're handy with HTML/XML you could probably tweak your own version of the feed and store it locally to pull in the clips, using VC to look locally for its cue which points to the data on the web. I haven't gotten to that point yet myself due to time constraints, but I've found some 'casts that I want to maintain regularly but can't get VC to interpret them successfully.

Canola2 includes podcast support. Look here for all the details:http://openbossa.indt.org.br/canola/index.html

From there, a poor man's method could be to use a PC-based application to d/l the 'cast and save it to your USB-attached tablet's memory card. Many sites update their content daily, so if you schedule your app to check at the appropriate time, you could have new 'casts waiting there every morning. Not very practical, but doable.

The Following User Says Thank You to daveb70 For This Useful Post:
Thanks Dave, like I said I'm new to the whole podcast thing... wasn't sure if this was standard or not. I'll check into the videocenter and see what comes up.

The Following User Says Thank You to CyberCowboy For This Useful Post:
Posts: 193 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Paia, Maui, Hawaii
hi CyberCowboy:

try gPodder & podsync

The Following User Says Thank You to ichmoimeyo For This Useful Post: