Active Topics

I've had my tablet off for quite some time. Then I reformatted it and turned it on without an internal memory card in there. I put a 2 gb card in there now. I see the card in the File Manager... however... I'm trying to click on an install file in the browser and I get the error "Not enough free memory on local disk for downloading"... How can I rectify that?

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
you need to free space from your internal memory: that is the documents, music and so on folders that you see in file manager at the top.

As Konttori said, you need to clear some space on the host memory. The device has 256mb internal memory, that applications are installed to. Without clearing the space, applications won't install, no matter how large the external memory.

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ BC, Canada
Ever since learning about the IT's, I have been wondering if anything about the core memory components can be expanded. Since I have seen no post asking this directly (yes, I searched, although the ultimate search string may have eluded me..) I ask, wonder: Can the 128MB RAM or 256MB "internal memory" be enhanced by the user? This is but one cryptic aspect of these devices - cryptic in that there is very little listed, discussed, or clearly sealed off. It seems a closed door, but can someone put a nail in this for me.

Thanks.

Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 737 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Helsinki
You can install the OS on the internal/external flash and that will allow you to have to install applications to that sd, thus having as much space for apps as you want. However, the RAM cannot be increased (but, you should enable swap).

The Following User Says Thank You to konttori For This Useful Post:
I've heard both enabling the swap and/or using an OS on an SD card will shorten the battery charge since that both OS and swap file will keep activities going on the SD while the tablet is in sleep mode. I've heard the bigger the SD card is, the shorter your battery charge will last.