Active Topics

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by t24 View Post
Now, the NITs boot by default on the internal memory (previous OS). How can I change?
Try this (the part after "EDIT") and see if it changes the default. Please report back.

Thanks for your info on my question on the N810 card name; I'll make that change soon.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2008 @ San Franicsco
When I try to unmount the memory card for partition, it keeps telling me that the device is busy

Well, if you're using an N800, try putting the card in the outside slot and using mmc1 in the directions in place of mmc2. If it's already in the outside slot in either the N800 or N810 try just opening the little door before you begin. (I've never tried this but I recall fanoush saying something like that.) Let us know if this does anything.

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Posts: 37 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2008 @ San Franicsco
Tried it with the door open (plus a restart) and it still gives me the same message. I'm using an N810.

When I formatted the memory card, i used the NIT's card reader as the drive with that panasonic software. was that bad? everything seems fine. one difference i noticed since i reflashed it was it no longer alerts me when i open the memory card door. but it still dissappears from the file manager. could be nothing. what could be accessing the mem card?

Hi,I have a problem while use this instruction on my n800.
my sd card is kingston 1G and separated to 2 partition,one is 300mb the other is 500mb ,followed this code:
#sfdisk /dev/mmcblk0 -uM

/dev/mmcblk0p1: 0,300,06
/dev/mmcblk0p2: ,,,
/dev/mmcblk0p3:
/dev/mmcblk0p4:

I installed the software well and followed the other steps .When I started to clone with command:./nupgrade.sh wipe ,copied the files , but suddenly the procedure stopped and showed the following code:
./usr/lib/microb-engine/chrom/en-GB/locale/en-GB/global.... cannot open: No such file or directory.

Is it my sd card problem? I have succeded once using the transcend 8G class6 sdhc card, but I got another problem ,my 8G sdhc card lost 2g space which I can't find back by sfdisk or other software.

I successfuly clone OS to SD.
After few days I boot from NAND and try to mount SD.
mount failed.
Nothing in dmesg.
I have second partion on SD as ext2 and empty first partition.
OS normal boot from SD.
I can't understand why mount failed when I boot form NAND...
fsck work on it.
Internal flash mount o'k

Originally Posted by svs57 View Post
I successfuly clone OS to SD.
After few days I boot from NAND and try to mount SD.
mount failed.
Nothing in dmesg.
I have second partion on SD as ext2 and empty first partition.
OS normal boot from SD.
I can't understand why mount failed when I boot form NAND...
fsck work on it.
Internal flash mount o'k
Not sure I follow, but do you have a FAT-formatted partition on the first partition on SD? You need to.

Help Save This Forum

Originally Posted by superleon View Post
I have succeded once using the transcend 8G class6 sdhc card, but I got another problem ,my 8G sdhc card lost 2g space which I can't find back by sfdisk or other software.
I have that card too and no problems. If your second line when defining partitions is:

Code:
it should have taken up all the space on the card. Those commas mean: take up the rest of the card with partition 2. Maybe if you redo it, you should use the Panasonic formatter first.

Help Save This Forum

Originally Posted by superleon View Post
Hi,I have a problem while use this instruction on my n800.
my sd card is kingston 1G and separated to 2 partition,one is 300mb the other is 500mb ,followed this code:
#sfdisk /dev/mmcblk0 -uM

/dev/mmcblk0p1: 0,300,06
/dev/mmcblk0p3:
/dev/mmcblk0p4:

I installed the software well and followed the other steps .When I started to clone with command:./nupgrade.sh wipe ,copied the files , but suddenly the procedure stopped and showed the following code:
./usr/lib/microb-engine/chrom/en-GB/locale/en-GB/global.... cannot open: No such file or directory.

Is it my sd card problem?
Well, the partition sizes are right, and the loss of 200MB is not surprising. For the first partition, I use 0,300,0C -- not 06 -- which makes me think you used a different set of instructions. But I don't think the 06 caused your problem. I have no idea what did, but it doesn't sound to me like it's your card. I'd just try again.

Help Save This Forum

Originally Posted by braveally View Post
Tried it with the door open (plus a restart) and it still gives me the same message. I'm using an N810.

When I formatted the memory card, i used the NIT's card reader as the drive with that panasonic software. was that bad? everything seems fine. one difference i noticed since i reflashed it was it no longer alerts me when i open the memory card door. but it still dissappears from the file manager. could be nothing. what could be accessing the mem card?
I don't know answer to either question. Sorry.

Help Save This Forum