I CAN'T upgrade unless I can use my Thinkoutside keyboard with the 770. It is lightning fast and useful. It's a real keyboard that works great with the 770. But from what I hear, it's driver will be wiped out with the upgrade to OS2006.

Does anyone know if BT-plugin, or some alternative, give the new OS2006 bluetooth keyboard capability?

THANKS. Hope y'all enjoying OS2005...I really can't move til I get
the keyboard thingie resolved.

Al
Santa Monica

I'm also interested in this. I'm actually looking at learning to develop for the platform just to make this work but no time until I get a big proposal done at work.

David

Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 81 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ UK
lele on #maemo recompiled it: http://www.windmill.it/share/public/....0-2_armel.deb

...but beware bug #663.

The Following User Says Thank You to aflegg For This Useful Post:
loaded it up, and it didn't work. Can't find the keyboard, and crashes the OS when finding GPS. What's up?

lele gave me the mentioned drive above. Overall its working pretty good with a ThinkOutside. There is a bug when trying to enter text in the google desktop applet that crashes the OS. Also He warned me not to even try the GPS section. I know hes working on it so lets hope he makes some progress soon.

Hats off to the people that makes these apps and plugins happen.

Thanks for the info.
I'll wait, and I also appreciate the work of those who are putting this extra software together.

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Northern Italy
I do not have a GPS unit so can't test that part. The keyboard function should be functioning though, but for the said bug, as I am using it regularily.

What keyboard do you have j.pickens?

Last edited by wmhobbes; 2006-07-03 at 07:28.

This is ridiculous. This is essential functionality. Why isn't it part of the OS distribution?

Nokia needs to take over development of this piece. But how likely is that when they can't even be troubled to get the time zone list right...

Originally Posted by wmhobbes
I do not have a GPS unit so can't test that part. The keyboard function should be functioning though, but for the said bug, as I am using it regularily.

What keyboard do you have j.pickens?
Think outside stowaway universal model xtbt01.
I hit "select from list", on the iT, and "CTRL-LFn-RFn" on the keyboard and it fails to find it.

Aside from #636 google bug,
I got the GPS side of this plug in to recognize my bluetooth GPS unit.
After that, I used Maemo Mapper (thanks gnulite!!!! you're the best!!!) with bluetooth coming in from my thinkoutside keyboard, bluetooth coming in from the GPS unit I bought (69.99 at Frys), and bluetooth coming in loading the maps and finding the waypoint coordinates via data tether from my phone.

All 3 bluetooth communicating simultaneously and seamlessly; coordinate update about every 1 and a 1/2 seconds; I walked around my house with it on and it mapped my house floor plan.

Will try it all in the car later today....(minus the thinkoutside keyboard)

.....on topic, using the enter key with any google search field results in a browser crash. Using the keyboard at all on the google search applet causes "the bug", said shutdown...

I personally don't mind this kind of trial and error; yes it would be nice and all for everything to be done at once, but we all remain in a wonderful, successful (sort-of) experiment of open-source-driven encroachment into the future market share of an inferior, bloated software giant.

/rant