Posts: 276 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by bunanson View Post
go, http://khertan.net/downloads.php, dl hildon-desktop-python-loader_0.0.2-1_armel.deb then

xterm
sudo gainroot
dpkg -i /your path/hildon-desktop-python-loader_0.0.2-1_armel.deb

that is it!

credit goes to Gambol, a few post up. Thanks, Gambol.

Ummmm......... this is hildon-desktop-python-loader..., the other is python-hildondesktop...

bun
Actually, this isn't what worked for me. I tried to install python-hildondesktop_0.0.2-1_armel.deb from Khertan's site but appmanager said it was incompatible (my appmanager was kind of dying)
I actually downloaded the one in the extra-devels repository, with red pill enabled.

Posts: 4,030 | Thanked: 1,633 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ nd usa
@underscore,

are you MMC boot?

Anyway, my instruction get away with using red pill mode.

bun

Posts: 276 | Thanked: 74 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Missouri, USA
No mmc boot here...why?
What's bad about red pill mode? I thought I heard something about not using it but I never really saw a reason not to...
Thanks

Originally Posted by Underscore View Post
No mmc boot here...why?
What's bad about red pill mode? I thought I heard something about not using it but I never really saw a reason not to...
Thanks
I cannot make it work when in the MMC boot. I can only make it work with internal flash boot. Red pill mode made my sphincter tone tight and constipate, scarely

bun

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
for me red pill is much to slow, to many packages that needs to be indexed each time you install something...

and i got to say that i missed the 0.04 versions of the applets, ill give them a spin now.

This is the procedure that WORKED for Me, thanks !!!

A newbie step-to-step guide for installation,

go http://khertan.net/downloads.php, dl
python-hildondesktop_0.0.2-1_armel.deb
hildon-desktop-python-loader_0.0.2-1_armel.deb
and the five 0.04.armel.deb applications.

xterm
dpkg -i /yourpath/python-hildondesktop_0.0.2-1_armel.deb
dpkg -i /yourpath/hildon-desktop-python-loader_0.0.2-1_armel.deb

and then click the five 0.04armel.deb applications one by one, they will install with app manager and show up on the desktop.

It does not work with MMC boot, apparantly. I have to boot from flash.

Enjoy,

bun

I just installed the .5 (just released today) version of net stats and it installed but when I hit the check mark on the applets menu to get it to load it does not load. I go back into the applets menu and it is no longer checked. No error messages pop up.

I did not have the previous versions of these apps loaded because of the different challenges loading them.

What am I doing wrong?

Originally Posted by rone View Post
I just installed the .5 (just released today) version of net stats and it installed but when I hit the check mark on the applets menu to get it to load it does not load. I go back into the applets menu and it is no longer checked. No error messages pop up.

I did not have the previous versions of these apps loaded because of the different challenges loading them.

What am I doing wrong?
Install this will solve your problem, dpkg -i /yourpath/hildon-desktop-python-loader_0.0.2-1_armel.deb. Look at a few thread up, bunanson.

bun

The Following User Says Thank You to bunanson For This Useful Post:
Posts: 161 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ SLO, CA; United States
Just installed and had the same problem (installed using the .5 installer via Application Manager). Also installed the WIFI indicator. Nothing showed up when selected. Did a reboot and now I am stuck in a loop... Argh. Is there anyway to see the bootprocess and figure out where things are hosed? I really don't want to re-image/reflash. Any info would be good info at this point.

Thanks,

Thor

Install this will solve your problem, dpkg -i /yourpath/hildon-desktop-python-loader_0.0.2-1_armel.deb. Look at a few thread up, bunanson.

bun
I went into red pill mode and installed the lib. It did the trick, thanks.