OK Just to ask a question, does this look like it could charge a N800? http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.8163
I notice it has a mini-usb cable but I'm not sure. I love DX because of the free shipping :P

Posts: 170 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Norway
Originally Posted by davos1 View Post
OK Just to ask a question, does this look like it could charge a N800? http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.8163
I notice it has a mini-usb cable but I'm not sure. I love DX because of the free shipping :P
no, the n800 doesnt charge through USB. you need a ca-100 usb->2mm cable, and a regulated battery pack with USB

I've been following this thread and I cannot tell if anyone with an N810 got an external battery to charge the N810. If I missed it please someone point me in the right direction.
Thank you

Just bought an Energizer "Energi To Go" AUDIO power pack from Big Lots for $10. It included four Lithium AA Energizer batteries plus the power pack. It also came with an iPod igo adapter which is no use for the N810. So I now need to get the tip number A105 (or possibly the older A69) and it should work. Can't find the tip shipped for less than $10 so will try Radio Shack ("You have questions - We have blank stares") tomorrow and shell out $10 + tax. Ouch!

BTW anyone want the iPod adapter for free? I'll ship it to the US. PM me. It's the A61.

Originally Posted by rock View Post
I've been following this thread and I cannot tell if anyone with an N810 got an external battery to charge the N810. If I missed it please someone point me in the right direction.
Thank you

All battery packs shown will naturally work with the N810 if they do with the N800 as they use the same charger.

Originally Posted by dfinch View Post
Can't find the tip shipped for less than $10 so will try Radio Shack ("You have questions - We have blank stares") tomorrow and shell out $10 + tax. Ouch!
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11397

Bought the $10 iGo A105 from Radio Shack and can confirm that it shows the unit is charging when plugged in. So for $20 I have a 4 AA battery pack for travel including 4 Lithium batteries! (Ususllay $10 for 4 on their own).

I have a STY 8800mAh battery pack from dealextreme with USB output and an adapter to connect to the Nokia n810 (or n800). It will charge it and almost anything else via the USB or the main output.

WARNING - the Nokias will indicate "Charging" if ANY current is going in to the port. I've even looped back the USB port (host mode) to the charger and it shows "charging". I didn't know the n810 was a perpetual motion device. I do have some solar chargers and such, and they probably will maintain or extend the use time, but you need something which provides high enough current to actually charge the battery, and I don't know how that would be indicated.

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
Originally Posted by Cptnodegard View Post

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.11397
The DealExtreme pics are hard to make sense of. Does this cable have a USB connector somewhere? Male or female?

Seems it ought to be able to work with this External AA Battery Pack, no?

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)

Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
I'd really like an external battery pack with a built-in USB hub and maybe a multi-function flash reader! That way I could use my N800 for extended time with a USB keyboard, USB ethernet or modem thing.

Originally Posted by GeraldKo View Post
The DealExtreme pics are hard to make sense of. Does this cable have a USB connector somewhere? Male or female?

Seems it ought to be able to work with this External AA Battery Pack, no?
Yes it works with that charger. It has a male USB connector hidden in the cap. i use one myself:

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...0-proporta.jpg

The Following User Says Thank You to Cptnodegard For This Useful Post: