Active Topics

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Houston, texas
Anyone use the Edit Internet searches app to create their own customized searches?

Sharing a few of mine, the others aren't "family oriented" so I'll be keeping those to myself.

PS, be sure to use YouTorrent for legal torrents only.

YouTorrent: http://www.youtorrent.com/tag=%s
YouTube: http://youtube.com/results?search_query%s&search_type=

logos attached below

(youtube search is practically irrelevant with the progress made by MyTube. Comments, subscriptions, etc are about the only thing I got to the actually youtube site for now.)
Attached Images

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cashless For This Useful Post:
With Firefox you can just right-click in any searchform and save it as a bookmark ('add keyword for this search'). Then you copy the url from the bookmark for the tablet (or use it in the Firefox addressbar like 'imdb somesearchterm'). I am thinking of making a Microb scriptlet or add-on to search selected text in search engines, like the Smartearch Firefox plugin.

Last edited by iamthewalrus; 2008-04-02 at 17:38.

Originally Posted by iamthewalrus View Post
With Firefox you can just right-click in any searchform and save it as a bookmark ('add keyword for this search'). Then you copy the url from the bookmark for the tablet (or use it in the Firefox addressbar like 'imdb somesearchterm'). I am thinking of making a Microb scriptlet or add-on to search selected text in search engines, like the Smartearch Firefox plugin.
Maybe a greasemonkey script would be faster to create. In fact, that's not a bad idea at all.

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Genoa, Italy
Originally Posted by cashless View Post
Anyone use the Edit Internet searches app to create their own customized searches?
Sorry for the dumb question, where can I find the Edit internet search app?

Originally Posted by stale View Post
Sorry for the dumb question, where can I find the Edit internet search app?
Not a dumb question at all...

I should have called it isearch-edit.

Available here:

http://people.debian.org/~tschmidt/m.../isearch-edit/

Oh yeah, you'll need to add the tschimdt repository, which you can pick up here: http://www.gronmayer.com/it/index.ph...stem=maemo4%0A

Last edited by cashless; 2008-04-02 at 21:35.

The Following User Says Thank You to cashless For This Useful Post:
Posts: 472 | Thanked: 107 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Texas
Originally Posted by cashless View Post
Not a dumb question at all...

I should have called it isearch-edit.

Available here:

http://people.debian.org/~tschmidt/m.../isearch-edit/

Oh yeah, you'll need to add the tschimdt repository, which you can pick up here: http://www.gronmayer.com/it/index.ph...stem=maemo4%0A
Dude, this app is EXACTLY what I've been looking for! I wonder if it would be possible to setup a repository/directory of sorts where users could upload searches and images and access right from the app? I'd be more than happy to put some together if I knew a way that would enter them in the app.

I'm thinking like how it is in Firefox where you can pick from a list and it adds them. I've been looking for this functionality ever since I got my N810!

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Erfurt, Germany
Originally Posted by rcadden View Post
Dude, this app is EXACTLY what I've been looking for! I wonder if it would be possible to setup a repository/directory of sorts where users could upload searches and images and access right from the app? I'd be more than happy to put some together if I knew a way that would enter them in the app.

I'm thinking like how it is in Firefox where you can pick from a list and it adds them. I've been looking for this functionality ever since I got my N810!
Hi, i am the author of isearch-edit, i never did an official announcement about this tool, which might be the reason why not very much people know it. I planned to release it officially as soon as i fixed some usability problems. ;-)

One feature which is on my personal list of possible features is pretty much like what you are looking for, i have the idea of a feature where users can share their searches just from inside the app, just by doing a few clicks. And of course the same in the opposite direction, so that users can import shared searches directly in the program.

Regards,
Thomas

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Chelli For This Useful Post:
Great work, is all I have to say. As I offered before, if I can be of assistance by creating logos/finding search URLs, please let me know where to store them to, to help create the database. I couldn't program my way out of a wet paper bag, but this is finally something in the Tablet community I can actually help in.

EDIT: Also, I'd suggest adding iSearch-edit to the Maemo.org directory so others can find it! I searched but didn't come up with anything.

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 79 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Erfurt, Germany
Originally Posted by rcadden View Post
Great work, is all I have to say. As I offered before, if I can be of assistance by creating logos/finding search URLs, please let me know where to store them to, to help create the database. I couldn't program my way out of a wet paper bag, but this is finally something in the Tablet community I can actually help in.
Thank you very much, but i guess if the planned feature will work as i want it to work, it would not be required to add anything to a database manually, you would be able to upload everything directly from isearch-edit with just a few clicks.

EDIT: Also, I'd suggest adding iSearch-edit to the Maemo.org directory so others can find it! I searched but didn't come up with anything.
Yes, this is what i meant with "no official release yet". ;-)
I am totally aware of this index, but i do not want to add it there until i fixed some bugs.

Regards,
Thomas

Originally Posted by Chelli View Post
Thank you very much, but i guess if the planned feature will work as i want it to work, it would not be required to add anything to a database manually, you would be able to upload everything directly from isearch-edit with just a few clicks.

Yes, this is what i meant with "no official release yet". ;-)
I am totally aware of this index, but i do not want to add it there until i fixed some bugs.

Regards,
Thomas
Aha, good deal to both. Please be sure to update this thread when it's ready to rock and roll, this just added a whole new degree of functionality to my N810.