Posts: 880 | Thanked: 264 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
hmm, I'm going to see if I can seek one out and give it a go.

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
has anyone out there is tablet land purchased and tried a dinovo mini yet? just wondering how you like it. i am tempted by not quite sure about the thumb typing.

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Washington State
I just got mine. First impressions are:
Good:
  1. Connects to n800 fine
  2. Responsive
  3. Very pocketable
  4. Charges fast
  5. Lights up in the dark
Bad:
  1. Reconnecting can be a real pain. The n800 doesn't want to recognize it for a reconnect. Have to delete the old profile and create a new one.
  2. Have to reconfigure some of the shortcuts as ctrl & alt are on opposite sides of the keyboard, so pressing a ctrl + alt + key combination is difficult.
Overall, though, I'd have to say that I like it.

Would it be possible to attach somehow the n800 to the keyboard (like a mini laptop)?, cause that would be great.

My suggestion would be velcro; stick a piece of loops on the battery cover, and stick a piece of hooks inside the lid of the dino. Is there clearance inside the lid when it closes for the thickness of a velcro hook-pad?

And that reconnecting bit... Man, that's not gonna be fun.

I wouldn mind doing all that but Im not sure if it has the strenght to hold the n800s weight, but id sure love to try (too bad I dont have the keyboard).

Mike L,

So is this little thing going to be any easier to use than the n810's keyboard? I've only had my n810 for ~36 hours, but the tiny keyboard, the non-standard layout, the missing keys and my fat thumbs aren't showing much hope of a happy marriage. Will the dinovo mini be better than the n810's indigenous kb, or should I look at some of the other options?

for the cost of this keyboard, sell your N800. Use the funds from the sale and the cost of the keyboard to buy an N810 WiMax or wait for the N900 whenever it comes out.

Not loving the size factor nor the fact if it's that small it might as well be built into the device.

Kinda spiffy looking though...and if you have more than one use for it, then, maybe...but wow that is some price for a thumb keybaord and what 35-WPM? Maybe 50WPM if you are really flexible?

Originally Posted by imhavoc View Post
Mike L,

So is this little thing going to be any easier to use than the n810's keyboard? I've only had my n810 for ~36 hours, but the tiny keyboard, the non-standard layout, the missing keys and my fat thumbs aren't showing much hope of a happy marriage. Will the dinovo mini be better than the n810's indigenous kb, or should I look at some of the other options?
Might be best to eat any restocking fee or sell the N810 on eBay and wait for something that works better for you. The only other plus I know of on the N810 is the transreflective display, which is a big plus...still...???

I would find out the return rights on the tablet then spend a LOT of time trying to get cozy with the keyboard. Even the BT iGo Stoaway takes some adjustments to it's quirks like the color key combinations not being setup so you don;t have to reach across the keyboard to hit one key to activate a sub-key combination. Meaning the green activated functions belong on the side opposite the green key so two handed normal typing can be done. I can say I use my iGo almost daily and still have not become enamored with this issue. But I see the logic behind the problem because there are simply not engough keys to make that sort of design work.

The key travel and feel is excellent though. I have the 4-row...

If you take a $50 hit on the amount you get back, well, it stinks but would be better than putting a $400 device back in a drawer. And don't forget unless you open very LOW the total eBay take is about 8-10% if the winner pays with PayPal. So you would potentially roll those dice too if you list as a pure auction. But good items get activity and always sell, especially if a couple bidders polarize on just your item and they can develop that sense of "ownership" while bidding...it's funny to watch as a seller.

Posts: 45 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Austria
Bought the dinovo mini a few days ago. Very nice device.
Is it possible to use the mouse clickpad on the N800? I read the thread about a mouse cursor but I'm not sure if the integrated clickpad would be recognized by the N800.
Anyone already tried something like that?
Any chance that we will get built-in mouse support with diablo?