Active Topics

I have completed mCacher for my own Geocaching when on business trips. Requires Python. See attachments for screen shots. If there is any interest in sharing this with the general N810 community I can make it available. I may need some help to package this up correctly (ie. .install or .deb).

Charlie.
Attached Images

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cjmonicajr For This Useful Post:
Heck yeah there's interest! Are cache points plugged in manually or is there a way to automate this?

Looks like a great program!

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
I'll 2nd the reply of "Heck yeah! There's interest!" Geocaching is one of our favorite pasttimes And just in time for spring...

I want it,too!
That's a feature maemo mapper is missing for geocaching.
I can help you in creating a deb.

Regards,
asys3

Posts: 357 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Sunny England :)
Very cool - Maemo mapper is nice, but a little clunky for geo-caching. Does it store waypoints? The ability to read the POI database from maemo mapper would be nice (if it doesn't already), see them on the big map then walk to them with this

This is great! I have been looking for something like this also.

Posts: 274 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Helotes, TX
Yes! I've been wanting to get started with Geocaching. This app will hopefully push me to it...

"There are two major products that come out of Berkeley: LSD and BSD. We don't believe this to be a coincidence. " - Jeremy S. Anderson

The most ideal (future) feature would be entering a zipcode or area and having the program retrieve the caches in that area from geocaching.com. Sorry, I know thats probably not in the plans currently, but a man can dream.

Posts: 1,743 | Thanked: 1,231 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Twickenham, UK
It would be nice if MaemoMapper would have a DBUS interface so that external programs (like this one) can interact with it.
The mCacher could handle the cache and let MaemoMapper show, drive the user to the cache.
Ideally MaemoMapper could reply back, via DBUS again, the direction to follow (so that mCacher can show it as it does now).

This would be a pretty nice integration of these two cool application both related to GPS.

Posts: 357 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Sunny England :)
A thought occurs - does it work on the N800 with bluetooth GPS?