Notices

Originally Posted by handful View Post
Totally :/ a youtube video has more than 50 mb.
You can also try looking at the other threads here how to create a sim link to your memory card (we are adding this option) and thus you solve the problem.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

MArcelo
Really? Because I never see the message for not enough memory?? And the software have not start download anything already have error (within 5 second after I click from the list)

Anyway, I will try it out later. Thanks!

Saka

Posts: 1,412 | Thanked: 594 times | Joined on Aug 2005 @ Recife, Brazil
Well, that is a bug it should have shown that but I think in your case it fails even before the error is throw ;/

Anyways you give us some hint, and we will try to reproduce to add the correct error messages.

Marcelo
OpenBossa Labs @ INdT, Recife Brazil
http://openbossa.indt.org

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
Sorry if this already has been asked previously, have read all the messages of this topic and I don't remember if it has been requested yet.

A thing that I lack in the youtube plugin, in the searches it only shows a certain number of results.
It would be nice to add a function "Next Page", where it should show the next results.

BTW, great work with the plugins system, probably I will write some plugin for it.

Hi yerga!

Daniel, this was not ask before, don't worry and it's indeed quite relevant. We already have the design, but we need to do some deeper modification on our list components (to have the last item for example) to be actually the trigger for the next page.

I'm writing this down on my spreadsheet of ITT related issues, and I will try to push in the upcoming sprints.

At least we are adding support to sort the search result but the time now is being consumed to finish the last.fm plugin, which I hope we can integrate in the next beta probably next week.

Also, did you see the we are going to upload the desktop version for people to be able to test their plugins without needing to send to device etc

I will also ask you one thing : I really need the maemo extras statistics but for me (I don't know if my dns / proxy problem) I cannot access your site since last week! :/
can you send it to me on my handful AT gmail email ?

I would be just great!

Thanks for your time and suggestions!!!

Marcelo

Posts: 696 | Thanked: 1,012 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Asturies, Spain
Thanks for your reply Marcelo.

Also, did you see the we are going to upload the desktop version for people to be able to test their plugins without needing to send to device etc
Yes, I saw it. It's a good idea and it will facilitate enough the development of plugins for canola. In addition with the portability python has, one knows what one writes in the desktop is going to work in the device.

I will also ask you one thing : I really need the maemo extras statistics but for me (I don't know if my dns / proxy problem) I cannot access your site since last week! :/
can you send it to me on my handful AT gmail email ?

I would be just great!
Well, I haven't the statistics of the extras repository. I haven't anything with maemo.org.
I only was pointing out the statistics are now displayed in the downloads page of every application in maemo.org/downloads.
For example, for Canola in http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/canola2
There is a "Download statistics" link. It will show a graph with statistics in the last weeks. Canola has approx. 1500-3500 downloads each week.
I don't know if there is a more complete list of statistics of those who are showed there.

Btw, my site usually fails once a day or is late to connect (especially the blog database), but is the second report I have from brazil of more time without being able to access. Perhaps it's time to move to a paid hosting.

Rgs.

Originally Posted by briand View Post
Neil -- no problem.

Let's say you want to make your youtube video directory on your external SD card (/media/mmc1):

mkdir /media/mmc1/youtube

this will create the directory. Now, we'll move the already collected files in your canola youtube directory there:

mv /home/user/.canola/youtube/videos/* /media/mmc1/youtube/

that'll put everything you've collected so far into the new directory. Now that the directory is empty, you can remove it:

rmdir /home/user/.canola/youtube/videos/

now, just create the link:

ln -s /media/mmc1/youtube/ /home/user/.canola/youtube/videos/

when you next start up canola, it'll find all the stuff you've previously saved there, in the new directory.
what i am doing wrong here?

~ $ mkdir /media/mmc1/youtube

~ $ mv /home/user/.canola/youtube/videos/* /media/mmc1/youtube/

mv: cannot preserve ownership of '/media/mmc1/youtube/2tX1bnhhi4I.flv': Operation not permitted

mv: cannot preserve ownership of '/media/mmc1/youtube/2tX1bnhhi4I.flv.downloaded': Operation not permitted

mv: cannot preserve ownership of '/media/mmc1/youtube/2tX1bnhhi4I.flv.saved': Operation not permitted

~ $ rmdir /home/user/.canola/youtube/videos/

~ $ In -s /media/mmc1/youtube/ /home/user/canola/youtube/videos/

-sh: In: not found

Well, that is a bug it should have shown that but I think in your case it fails even before the error is throw ;/

Anyways you give us some hint, and we will try to reproduce to add the correct error messages.

Marcelo
i didn't try to create the link to my memory card, but i did removed alot of file the internal memory, now have 59mb free space, but still don't work for me
I notice one problem may be related, that is now seem can't watch youtube on the browser anymore, but still no problem on the mytube.

Saka

Last edited by sakamoto; 2008-03-27 at 15:51.

Posts: 566 | Thanked: 145 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Tallahassee, FL
Originally Posted by dave79
what i am doing wrong here?
two things.

1) you are not at the root prompt (which is a #, not a $)

2) "In" is not the command, it's "ln" (ell en)

Originally Posted by sakamoto View Post
i didn't try to create the link to my memory card, but i did removed alot of file the internal memory, now have 59mb free space, but still don't work for me
I notice one problem may be related, that is now seem can't watch youtube on the browser anymore, but still no problem on the mytube.

Saka
My problem solved by itself, which is happened few days later after I free-up memory space?? I did everyday shutdown and start and tried everyday fail, but don't know why suddenly can work?

This is happened before install the recent new C2 beta......but after upgrade, I have another problem.......I only can view one youtube video., have to restart the C2 then can view another video.

Hei Sakamoto : something is really wrong with your installation.

To enable us to help you you must provide some information, just telling your problem is not enough for us to find out what is the problem.

a. run canola in the xterm (utillities) with -vv as argument :

canola -vv

b. Do the youtube usage, and then try the other video... send to us what is written on the terminal.

Also : send us device + firmaware + what version of Mplayer are you using.

If you can also send : all repositories that you have installed : go to the applications manager menus -> application repositories.

All of this is evidence to find the problem.

This is showing to be a really unique problem, and we must understand what is in your machine that is causing this effect.

BR

Marcleo