Notices

Originally Posted by bradb
And does the menu show the default icon? Every application I've installed has exhibited this behaviour until I reboot. Then it works fine.

Ok, so I wish it would ask me which menu item to use instead of extras, but that's a minor gripe :-)

Brad.
If you still want to move it, you can use the "Task Navigator" in the Control Panel - click the "Organize" button and you can move around any or all of the menu.

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Bee-u-tee-ful Garden Home, Oregon
Originally Posted by gnuite
If you still want to move it, you can use the "Task Navigator" in the Control Panel - click the "Organize" button and you can move around any or all of the menu.
Thanks! Seems like odd functionality to tie to the "Task Navigator" though, but it works.

Brad.

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Wirral, UK
Has anyone else experienced either of these issues?
Nope, I have the icon and can read maps from the card (/media/mmc1).

The voice announcement was a cute feature, could someone please recompile flite for Maemo-mapper 1.0. Admittedly not the intended use of voice announcements but I have added some funny text in the gpx route file, my son was rolling on the floor (seat, that is) when after the convoluted announcement Mr Roboto added: "But what if I fail?" (by Neo).

And does the menu show the default icon? Every application I've installed has exhibited this behaviour until I reboot. Then it works fine.

Ok, so I wish it would ask me which menu item to use instead of extras, but that's a minor gripe :-)
i wonder if the package maintainers added a "gtk-update-icon-cache -f /usr/share/icons/hicolor" to the "debian/postinst" script, it may have to do something with that. there's also another trick which activates the .desktop file (renaming it from .inactive to .desktop) after the icon cache has been updated, there's an example on maemo's hello-world-app. a comment in postinst (in the helloworldapp) suggests that it's not necessary if there's a "maemo-select-menu-location" later on the (postinst-)script.

do you remember if maemopad+ also had this problem? (it has the gtk-update-icon-cache and the maemo-select-menu-location in postinst)

New release: Maemo Mapper v1.0.1

Device-Installable .DEB File
Source Code
*NEW* Application Catalog Web Address: http://gnuite.com:8080/nokia770

I fixed a bug and made the install process more complete (no more reboot necessary). I also created an apt-get repository so that you can use the Application Manager's "Application Catalog" feature to gain easy access to updates. Just go to the "Tools | Application catalog..." menu item and add a "New" catalog with the above web address (and the rest of the fields default), and you can automatically install and keep updated Maemo Mapper.

Thank you!!

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy

Brad.
Thanks a lot to you and gnuite. After rebooting the 770 it works flawlessly and... guess what? You can arrange menus now... I'm sorry I set it in italian, so I'm not sure I'm addressing you the right way, but if you access the control panel and choose (this is the hard part, because of the translation..) "Selecter" (it's a sort of 770 with a compass), you can then move all you want, also creating new sub-menus.

Bye, Omar

Edit: it is not clear at all.. I am talking of the OS menus, not Mapper
Edit II: ok, seems this will be a long message ;-) Didn't see that gnuite already gave the right translation and istructions to re-arrange menus.

Last edited by maxilogan; 2006-06-13 at 07:05.

Posts: 605 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ La Rochelle, France
Same here :
- Default icon on the Extra menu
- no display on the left bar

Edit : I installed 1.01 & the menu icon is ok but I still can't manage the task : should the WMClass thing be set in the desktop file ?

Edit2 : A reboot did it ! Everything's fine now !

Fred

Last edited by fredoll; 2006-06-13 at 10:13.

Posts: 108 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Central London
*NEW* Application Catalog Web Address: http://gnuite.com:8080/nokia770
Just go to the "Tools | Application catalog..." menu item and add a "New" catalog with the above web address (and the rest of the fields default), and you can automatically install and keep updated Maemo Mapper.
Thanks for the new release

Did the above and started the update process - about the time the download finished, Application Manager quit with an internal error.

Now there are no updates visible when I refresh the package list so I'm not even sure if the update worked OK. Couldn't find a way to reliably check the current version number, other than looking in Application Manager which could well be wrong now after the crash? Well FWIW, it now reports 1.01, 111kb

For this and any other problems, is there any way I can get some debug info/log files to you?

Last edited by dsmudger; 2006-06-13 at 08:57.

the application manager has a log. you can check it at menu -> tools -> logs under the application manager.