Active Topics

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Philly
Got them the old fasion way.

http://www.dillernet.com/apple/2006/...kia-2006-beta/

The beta is amazing.

No google spreadsheet or calendars yet....

Also, someone Call me! >>> dillera@gmail.com <<<<

Originally Posted by dillera
Got them the old fasion way.

http://www.dillernet.com/apple/2006/...kia-2006-beta/

The beta is amazing.

No google spreadsheet or calendars yet....

Also, someone Call me! >>> dillera@gmail.com <<<<
awsome man thanks!! i havent decided if i want to update yet or not. i use gaim and rdesktop to much.

Posts: 49 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Philly
More shots up on my blog. This release continues to amaze me- I don't want to put it down. Virtual memory, thumboard plus using the chat with your own Jabber server. Killer stuff in this version.

and you can receieve calls for free via gtalk2voip and ipkall.com

try it out

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Texas
Originally Posted by Coolty

try it out

How does that ipkall.com site work, or are there any better ones out there? If it assigns me a phone number in Washington state (206-xxx-xxxx), do I need any other equipment, or does the 770 handle everything through Gtalk? I'm new to this VoIP stuff, so bear with me...also, from what I saw, this is free?

It'd be kinda cool to make the 770 into a second cell phone, where people would get directed to voicemail if the 770 was off or I wasn't connected to Gtalk...

Am I understanding this right?

Well , ipkall.com is free service yes
when u register you get free WA PSTN number and when u login to your account you choose when incomming call should forward to.

to forward it to gmail u should know your SIP address in gmail
try to use yourname@gmail.com

but the known SIP address is going like this
SIP:295407@fwd.pulver.com
this is working by the way u can give a test call
but i don't know how to SIP a gmail address

but i think dsniffer could get the gmail SIP address thorugh listening to Maemo network outputs.
oh by the way u can make free account from FWD (Free World Dialup) to get SIP account like mine and to forward it to any VOIP service or you may use it to get voicemail from this IP kall number but forwarding IPkall to u'r FWD and to recive offline voicemails

if Xten make program for SIP into Maemo then it will be much easier to use FWD account that IPKALL forward calls too , then u'll get all calls that comes to you's IPkall number
all this is free , then why don't give it a try

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Eureka, CA
Originally Posted by Coolty

ttry it out
have you been able to get gtalk2voip to work for outgoing calls on the 770?

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Texas
This VoIP stuff is confusing...I tried to follow the direction by the previous posters...

I signed up on fwd.com and got my account set up. I then took that info and set up an account at ipkall.com for a 206 area code number. Right now I am waiting for that number to be activated, says up to 60 minutes.

I then went to gtalk2voip and set that up, so now I have a new GTalk user named "service@gtalk2voip.com", which is exactly what is supposed to happen. I tried to get a voicemail it left me as a new user, and the GTalk window popped up and rang, but it never connected...are there any other settings I should change?

Also, I tried to setup a "forwarding URI" on my FWD profile...I set it as "sip:MyGoogleTalkName@gtalk2voip.com" Is this right, I don't think it is...when I try and do a test call from my settings page, the 770 never rings...

Sure seems there would be an easier way...

Posts: 449 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Apr 2006 @ Eureka, CA
You are further along/deeper than i am at this point. i was able to make an outgoing call from my computer, but it doesn't connect when i use my 770. the 770 will ring, but the connection fails.

is the new OS beta also in german language?