Notices

Posts: 503 | Thanked: 267 times | Joined on Jul 2006 @ Helsinki
Could you please test '-ao sdl' in mplayer_1.0rc1-maemo.25 setting various audio delay values (using -delay option)? The actual value of audio delay that is needed for proper lipsync for various types of audio (different sampling rate, mono/stereo) is interesting.

I strongly suspect that we can't rely on audio delay reported by esd at all. The reason why previous build worked, may be because several bugs negated each other

If we assume that the audio delay is constant, we just need to measure this constant.

Right now you can try editing '/home/user/.mplayer/config' file and add the following lines:
ao=sdl
delay=0.2

Actual delay value should be probably somewhere in the range between 0.10 and 0.30, please report if you get some good results.

Last edited by Serge; 2008-03-10 at 23:03. Reason: fixed typo '/home/user/.mplayer./config' -> '/home/user/.mplayer/config'

Posts: 20 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ French Polynesia
Mr.Serge (or anyone who knows), how can i edit the config file?

I cannot find it with the default file manager and i used another one i downloaded from maemo.org

I wanted to add a subfont option, so i replaced the config file with a new one i made in my PC (as i didn't know how to edit the original)

Now, the subfont option works great, but i have one question:

What other options do you have in mplayer's original config file? (so i can put them in mine too)

Can you post it somewhere?

There are two mplayer config files, one is '/etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf' - it contains default settings. The other is '/home/user/.mplayer/config' - it contains user settings. User settings have higher priority and can override default settings.

Editing '/etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf' is not needed, moreover it is not recommended as you will get problems with mplayer upgrades.

The Following User Says Thank You to Serge For This Useful Post:
Posts: 20 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ French Polynesia
Are there any options (by you) in the default config file?

I am asking cause i have overwritten it and i don't know if i am missing something.

Also, where are the hot keys? There are changes from the original mplayer's hot keys

for example:

space is not pause, pause=center button of d-pad

volume=zoom key

where can i find the new hot keys map?

Thanks in advance. Keep up the great work

Originally Posted by vicki View Post
Are there any options (by you) in the default config file?
yes

I am asking cause i have overwritten it and i don't know if i am missing something.
you can always reinstall mplayer and restore its default settings

Also, where are the hot keys? There are changes from the original mplayer's hot keys

for example:

space is not pause, pause=center button of d-pad

volume=zoom key

where can i find the new hot keys map?

Thanks in advance. Keep up the great work
These changes are done in the sources ('input/input.c'), but you can override them using 'input.conf' file.

The Following User Says Thank You to Serge For This Useful Post:
mplayer (1.0rc1-maemo.26) has been uploaded to garage extras-devel repository.
mplayer (1.0rc1-maemo.26) unstable; urgency=low

* Default audio output changed to SDL again for OS2008
* Disabled libmpeg2, ffmpeg decoder is now faster for MPEG2
* Fixed aspect ratio problems when using -wid option and playing
video in windowed mode (patch from MoRpHeUz)
* Reuse existing 'vo_x11_putkey' function in '-vo nokia770' video driver,
it should fix keyboard hotkeys problem on N810.
* '-vo nokia770' driver renamed to '-vo omapfb'
* Some more ARM VFP optimizations
Most of the problems reported in this thread have been (hopefully) resolved. Feedback is very much welcome

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Serge For This Useful Post:
Hi Serge,

i skipped .25 because i have a N810. This versions seems to work pretty good. No problems with keyboard so far. Audio is just like in .24 (from what i have tested so far). Speed seems faster (personal impression). Thank you for your continuing effort in maintaining mplayer.
Ah yes two questions...Is there an overview for the keyboard functions somewhere. I always try to remember but most often just press all keys to find a certain function
Can you change aspect / ratio during playback ?

Thank's MiBi

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Umm, is there a backwards compatibility vo nokia770?

EDIT: yes, there is - either nokia770 points to omapfb or doesn't find nokia770 and defaults to omapfb. The outcome is the same

Last edited by Bundyo; 2008-03-16 at 21:46.

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Australia
The aspect ratio is still wrong for all my videos in Canola, I would imagine thats a canola related issue ? or is this the issue the patch from MoRpHeUz was trying to correct?

Cheers

-Rip

@RipTorn
it's Canola related, as is the fact that N810 Hardware keyboard functions are not working from Canola...

MiBi