Active Topics

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 580 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Belgium
Originally Posted by Koiruus View Post
I think chen just made pretty clear that he will not answer our questions here anymore Don't know about the radio, but about the OS, Android 9 (Pie) is stated on Fxtec site for os version. https://www.fxtec.com/pro1/
FM radio is also listed as a yes.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to netman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I really don't understand all the tension and complaints in the last few pages about a supposed delay, despite F(x)tec clearly stating pre-orders will be shipped around mid-September (newsletter, FAQ, social medias multiple times), while we haven't even reached the end of the second week of the month.

I do not get it, blaming them for being late before they are late. What is the point of asking Chen to give extra information if the information already available is totally overlooked?

Maybe they will be late. But seriously, is it not possible to control anger and frustration until they are justified? Are we really reforming the official dates of summer to make sure they are late when they are not? I hate to say that, but jeez.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2019-09-12 at 23:58.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
oh I get it. at own forum it's pretty easy to BAN those freaking trolls with so uncomfortable questions (and delete such posts), and here it's not possible. so only what's left is to leave only to evade such questions.

that's how they call freedom of speech in China.

I offer to cancel paid preorders without refund if customer is behaving bad in any way. that would improve a lot

I assume there's a lot of fails and delays incoming if Chen leaves this place. I don't think there's a sense to follow this project with such attitude unless someone receives acutal device and confirms it possible to receive it.
Freedom of speeche is one thing. Calling liar, scammer, cheater and lots of other things is not right. Try, one day, take a risk like Chen is taking and then you guys have the right to speak

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Christ this guy really doesn't get a hint or does he? How is this phone a scam? There have been multiple events where you can try the prototypes.

I only want to cancel my order if it's delayed because quite frankly, for someone living on benefit (aka autismbux) that amount of money is quite a lot.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
UPD: HAHHAHAHA fxtec official forum has messages pre-moderation turned on. looks like they really don't want any complaints to be heard. I'm ROFLing of such marketing: first take folk's money then shut their mouth so they can't complain about receiving nothing. brilliant! every day it's looking more and more like a scam.
The official forum has had pre-moderation turned on for some time due to some incessant spamming problems. It's not a new or particularly related occurrence.

UPD: HAHHAHAHA fxtec official forum has messages pre-moderation turned on.
It has moderation turned on since several weeks now.
It is not related to Pro1 launch or delay but initiated by spams.

Several spam messages appeared on the forum which were deleted by next day but started to appear again.

This is the reason of moderation which is temporary while the root of the problem is not resolved.
However, it makes the forum being far from interactive.

Moderator is also tired in constantly looking through threads and approving messages, but he said spam messages are still arriving.

Naturally, they have more important problems around Pro1 launch now but they should have to find a solution soon...

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to VaZso For This Useful Post:
Must be hard to be on several spectrums..

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to pinvoke For This Useful Post:
how naive one must be to believe that if there are a few working prototypes, it can't be a scam...
Do you have any idea what you need to build up a phone like this?
If you want to scam, you may skip some steps (like expensive measurements), but...
...you still need to design the internal circuits (schematics and PCB), design a case, have to go through iterations on schematic/PCB-wise if something really need to be modified, soldering components somehow (cooperation with a smaller company because of small components and BGA parts), making the hardware to live, put up some boot loader, operating system, programming handling of special functions like slider open/close.

So, doing all the necessary background work to build a thing which looks well in your hands, looks like a phone but is only a scam...

Only an idiot would do that intentionally because it is really expensive - even if you don't do a fully working device and don't do expensive measurements and certifications.

Not speaking about if you send it to Sailfish / Lineage programmers, the cheat would be revealed very shortly.

I understand your frustration but I think you know nothing about electronics and programming.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to VaZso For This Useful Post:
it's never too late to become a scammer if one didn't intend to do so in the first place.

let's imagine the following: device production becomes unprofitable at the very late steps of production. why not gather all preorders payments and run away? yes, it wouldn't cover all the expenses, but why bother? annouche the company as bankrupt and case closed. preoders money in own pocket... simple as heck.
...and still travelling the world proving the device is really exists, showing your face and identity but still hoping you can run away...

It is not looking to be a real scenario.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to VaZso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
Page 237
I truly hope one day, in a far future, you take a deep breath and look backwards at all your contributions to this thread and realize how disrespectful and biased they all have been.

We may have fantasized the device and project with abundant enthusiasm, but the extent of your bad faith as well as how quick you are to draw it are hard to believe. I mean no disrespect, really, but if only you could witness it, that'd be something.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2019-09-13 at 00:19.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit