Active Topics

Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,092 | Thanked: 4,995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ beautiful cave
Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
I remember them promising to start shipping in summer.
Are you sure he promised? Wasn't it: We target to deliver...?

By the way you can accuse so many big companies, beeing unprofessionell: When did Samsung delivered their foldable device and when was promised. I wonder if you are Mister Pefect, doing all things right at every moment, never missed a meeting or a timeline.
If so your boss must pay you an enormous amount of money. On the other hand, then i don't know why you are complaining about the price...

I wonder if you ever have read what you write in this thread. If so you should also think about it!

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Fellfrosch For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Kabouik View Post
If I remember correctly, that is something Chen already considered during the prototyping phase. Some early prototypes had a smaller gap between the screen and the top row, and it was expanded later based just to solve this very issue you are mentioning.

Thanks, but I still havn't actually heard from anyone that has tried it. At least as far as I can tell. Please do chime in if you did!

Just occurred to me. Did folks that checked out the phone have to sign a nondisclosure agreement?

Thanks!

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
If that was possible it would become a half a dozen person forum
At least then you don't have to wade through trash posts...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by mscion View Post
Just occurred to me. Did folks that checked out the phone have to sign a nondisclosure agreement?

Thanks!
Had to sign nothing, but Chen requested us specifically not to make pictures of the box the phone will be shipped in.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Even bigger company also have some delays...

HMD Global...:

---8<---8<---8<---8<---8<---8<---8<---

https://www.kauppalehti.fi/uutiset/k...9-8d43a955ee30

At the beginning of the month, the company had sent a media invitation to the event, which was scheduled to take place today, Wednesday, September 11th.

However, the company canceled the event only a day before with a short message that read:

“We would like to inform you that the date of the event has been postponed. We will announce a new date soon. ”

The company did not respond to the message asking for the reason for the cancellation. In general, the company's events in India have been spectacular media events with local celebrities present and skipped ahead as "unique" and "exciting".

The event would probably launch the company's new smartphone models Nokia 6.2 and 7.2 in the Indian market.

---8<---8<---8<---8<---8<---8<---8<---

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by gtmaster303 View Post
The one thing I hate about this forum, there's no block user feature...
You can, click the following link to ignore shaihkritzer:
http://talk.maemo.org/profile.php?do...ignore&u=50468

Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
nobody forces you to stay here, you may leave at any moment.
stfu

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 1,732 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ NYC
I think it's important to have nah sayers around to keep a reality check.

I don't agree with most of his arguments, but also don't think he should be banned.

What I don't understand is why if you guys are so offended by shaihkritzer, why keep responding to his every post? If he is a trigger for you maybe ask yourself is it important to reply back. I think many have made good arguments against most of his concerns. At this point those that argue are mostly just repeating the same points.

So the only negative I can see is someone new coming here and seeing all the negative point about f(x), however there are so many positive hands-on account and meeting with the f(x) crew ... that I would think it should drown out most folks concerns.

There have been plenty of failed project that made many promises on the internet ... especially in the tech sector ... so I can understand needing more concrete proof of delivery. But I personally think in this case the level of expectation is above and beyond what most companies and project will meet. Look at purism, pinphone, and the failed n9 n950, ubuntu phone .. they all had/have issues with delivery times or promises.

My bigger point is you don't always need to respond to opinions that you don't agree with

I still love this place with all its good and less than good. I just ignore the stuff that doesn't interest me.

This was much longer than I though sorry about that.

Cheers

x

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to xman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Originally Posted by Wasmachinemann-NL View Post
Had to sign nothing, but Chen requested us specifically not to make pictures of the box the phone will be shipped in.

Ah ha! Reasonable request. So how was typing numbers at the top edge of the keyboard? Was it easy (a clear space) or does your finger push up on the part with the screen? Just askin.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
^
This can happen if someone forgot lock the door...

"Gods have mercy. Cats don't..." <- Kaotik@iotech

The Following User Says Thank You to catbus For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit