Posts: 697 | Thanked: 1,980 times | Joined on Jun 2015 @ Lisbon - Portugal
Originally Posted by klinglerware View Post
Not all of them are.

I ordered this one, as it seems to provide full coverage.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-Schutzfo...z/162912021991

Hopefully it will work.
It seems not a tempered glass screen protected but i believe it'll fit
I ordered this one:
https://pt.aliexpress.com/item/32851...29e8b90aXqKquM

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to deutch1976 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
I ordered this one:
I have ordered this one for example. It is curved, but soft material.
It should be okay for a while...

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to VaZso For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by deutch1976 View Post
I ordered this one:
"soft nano-explosion-proof membrane"

So if you'd ever get caught in an explosion, your Pro1 will survive... Or at least the screen protector

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ThomasAH For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,873 | Thanked: 4,529 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ North Potomac MD
Really feel bad I'm not buying this device right now.. Maybe in a few months or next iteration.

In regards to screen protector you might also consider getting "Liquid Armour Screen Protector" or some equivalent. I've used it on my Mate 20 for some time, maybe about 9 months, and it works fine. I think it has to be reapplied every year or so. Guess it depends on usage.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mscion For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by olf View Post
@all, please do not feed trolls.
Seriously.
Never, no matter with what.
Lol took you that long to figure it out?

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to gtmaster303 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 386 | Thanked: 1,094 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by shaihkritzer View Post
oh yes, any negative aspect or obvious mistake of manufacturer is explained easily - call anyone who points that out a troll.

feel bad for guys from old days when trolls haven't existed yet... they had nobody to blame for their own fails.
This is bait, but i'll bite:

Try making some proper arguments instead of baseless accusations.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wasmachinemann-NL For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
Given your high standards i am totally up for the Shaih(kritzer) No1

Seriously, i do not consider you a troll.
I have seen you where quite exited about the device and at some point your mood turned around.
That troll category should be reserved for those senseless "just arguing for the sake of arguing" type imo.
But Olf is a great and tough (real life) moderator as i can assure you.
If your style of trying to bring your point across raises his and others troll flag it should give you serious signals. Do not rely on my unexperienced opinion.
I just feel you could pull together all your social skills to sound less accusing, ranting and entitled.

Just try to think of us all sitting in a room, would you talk like that? Or be much more cautious and friendly?

My remaining question on topic simply is, what is your point?
Or your ivan durak analogie from the film, what do you want to warn us from? What gives you the impression we need to be warned at all?

This is a jolly round of old guys celebrating that finally one of us gets his butt up and shows the world how great kbd phones could have been.
And you loudly pick on every slight inconvenience and behave like you are insulted or need to facepalm?

Formulate your critical opinion or findings respectfully like everyone else does and you can be sure to be respected.

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,335 | Thanked: 3,931 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Brittany, France
I believe the issue is you really are cherry picking the aspects that you think are bad (aspects that many people have mentioned they consider totally minor, or even normal), ultimately leading to badly biased negative conclusions.

For instance, about the way customers are treated, please do not forget all the meeting events that Chen and Andy have organized, including last minute events when invited by Olf. Some of those events really were targeted at users, not media, with some prototypes devices running unofficial OSes just because a bunch of nerds on TMO were asking for it. Which other companies building niche smartphones are showing such flexibility and sweating this much for their users?

The device also was created based on discussion with the community. More than many devices I have seen before, except maybe the Pyra which is not doing better in terms of delivery. And is a lot less polished. For what it is worth, I don't remember any tech company treating their community this well, and I have participated in many crowdfundings and community projects.

Last edited by Kabouik; 2019-09-06 at 19:58.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Kabouik For This Useful Post:
currently it's the same. the device seem to be great, but it's been soo much mistakes and faults (and they haven't even started shipping), I'm starting to loose trust in this project. because they way customer is treated, it feels like bying $150 Texet. should I expect low build quality and warranty scams along with "wrong price mistake" and "incomplete truth about pricing / shipping time"?
I think you've participated in Kickstarter/Indiegogo projects before. Even if it is not launched there, It's pretty common for the price to go a bit higher closer to the product launch for such non mass market products, otherwise what sense would it make to pre-order and risk more in the first place? And it has been communicated through email for those who subscribed in advance.

It is also completely normal for pre-orders to be fullfilled before the others for the same reason, and given small quantities of devices produced, they can not realistically ship to both categories at once. I don't get what is incomplete truth example in your case.

I don't think Rolls-Royce comparison is good. If it were cars, Fxtec would be small private factory, which would not compete to the large brands in terms of shop attendants greeting you, but can provide something unique they don't produce. That's probably the reason people don't care much about price mistakes on the website as long as it gets fixed. Also it is not like similar situations do not happen to others, I can remember quite an amount of problems with prices in different online stores.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to TheKit For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 1,669 | Thanked: 10,225 times | Joined on Nov 2014 @ Lower Rhine
okay, I'll try it simple.
Understood and feel genuinely sorry you got that impression regarding service.
I am not the right person to convince you otherwise since i had the fullest service possible with visit to my shop invitation, so literally Rolls Royce treatment.

Regarding after sales service, they work together with a large group of repair shops so chances are good to find one in your area or at least country to send in.

If you are let down by chen telling you personally you should not buy if your standards are not met. Please pardon him. It was not a public advise to critics but a personal defense. Don't mix up with FX service, Chen is an engineer type not a marketing guy. It's more complicated and you did your part to trigger it if you are honest.

Thanks for the honest answer.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mosen For This Useful Post:

Tags
a good rabbit, fxtec, hwkbd, keyboard, livermorium, n950 revival, never gives up, qwerty, readyfx, silly rabbit