Originally Posted by dustinl4m3
Just reflashed back from the beta, works fine with flasher-2.0 in linux.
same here. I needed maemo mapper too bad.

Did not help disconnecting.

The only differance between this account that does not work and the one that does is that thia is a numerical address; 100777@gmail.com ?

Originally Posted by forge
You sure you're not connected with any other client? I tried it while my desktop had the same account logged in, wouldn't log in.

When i disconnected the desktop, tadaa, everything works.

Posts: 701 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Feb 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by cybe
Did not help disconnecting.

The only differance between this account that does not work and the one that does is that thia is a numerical address; 100777@gmail.com ?
This morning I thought it would depend (in my case) from the connection, I had a short phone connection to check email while I was out and did log in correctly, showing "online". Returned home, I couldn't access.

Cross tested again with the phone connection but now I do not go online :-(

I was very excited about Google services (was the main thing worth this upgrade) but now I am a little descouraged...

Oh, and... P.S. Both the accounts I tried (mine and my wife's) do not contain numbers :-)

yeah- Bluetooth phone tethered internet access is quite solid, but when connecting through my home wireless router, every couple of minutes it disconnects, UNLESS I AM STREAMING INTERNET RADIO WHILE BROWSING. When simultaneously streaming radio and browsing, the connection remains without disconnecting.
Home wireless connection remains stable through googletalk, too.

Overall a compelling beta. I don't think there is any turning back for me!

!

Flashed from windows - worked fine. Only problem - I had wolframs script on the old version so had a partition on my MMC and had swapped rootfile system out to it. I used cfdisk to delete the linux partition before flashing with 2006 but something went wrong and now the capacity of my 1 GB card appears to be about 700mb.

Anyone got any ideas? I've tried formatting the MMC from within the 770 as well as windows but I cant get it to go back to 1gb. Seems there's still another partition on there....although I cant see it.

As for the actual update - lots of nice features, the mic works well. The 64MB virtual memory was a bit of a let down as I expected 1 GB but hey - I'm not complaining! Will wait for the proper release.

No turning back for me either.

Last edited by dattani98; 2006-06-10 at 08:48.

Originally Posted by dattani98
Flashed from windows - worked fine. Only problem - I had wolframs script on the old version so had a partition on my MMC and had swapped rootfile system out to it. I used cfdisk to delete the linux partition before flashing with 2006 but something went wrong and now the capacity of my 1 GB card appears to be about 700mb.

Anyone got any ideas? I've tried formatting the MMC from within the 770 as well as windows but I cant get it to go back to 1gb. Seems there's still another partition on there....although I cant see it.

As for the actual update - lots of nice features, the mic works well. The 64MB virtual memory was a bit of a let down as I expected 1 GB but hey - I'm not complaining! Will wait for the proper release.

No turning backNo turning back for me either.
I hate to say it, but if you want that extra space, I think you're gonna have to reload the old OS. reload woframs script. go back into cfdisk, and do a proper delete of your old swap space. I think you might have only deleted the fat partition, and perhaps left the other one remaining.

I had a similar configuraton to yours and ended up deleting everything on my flash memory wih a card reader, hard drive media player called the WOLVERINE MVP, which was able to reformat the blank space as fat.

I had some issues deleting both partitions va cfdisk, but it was most likely due to my own incompetence... Now I have 975 mg on a 1gig card free, but i'll settle for that-
that-
for me either. [/QUOTE]

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Well, where is Mike Cane to find all bugs? *shrugs*

I'm surprised that no one has reported on this issue yet : how is root access in this version ?

** Screen problem **
Updated to 2006 beta OS last night. Went through the wizards to make a phone and WAN connection. I was enjoying the experience but got a problem when I restored my backup to access my bookmarks. First thing I noticed was that my connections would not load. The 770 seemed confused between my old and new data. I rebooted and the screen developed a problem: grey vertical bar running through the G of the Google search box and streaking of all images. I tried rebooting, taking out the battery, recharging but no effect on the screen problem. I then tried to reflash the device, but the Windows update wizard stops after 10% and throws up a Code 3 error, invalid image. Anyone experienced this or any advice on what to do next? Thanks for your help.
Bom

The Nokia guys probably started testing even before they started coding! :-) This because they have used many readily available (though horribly unfinished) open source components. On top of that there is the lots of regular testing and additional integration testing, as the Maemo project is much about using pre-existing components... If this was not tested at all I don't think about any of us would want to touch it (and not even many developers at Nokia...).

For the regular user it makes little sense to install this, as he/she will have to re-install in 2-4 weeks anyway when the stable build comes out (with some of its own issues no doubt). For the rest of us, it could be nice to hunt & report bugs and help in porting the important apps... once we have the critical mass of applications that are supported on the new version, this no way back causes a bit of fence-sitting, I have to see if I in fact depend on any 3rd party stuff yet...

And releasing the beta was a good idea/achievement, it goes with the rather open nature that this whole project has. Mostly it's intended for the developers who want to get their application supported before the end user version of 2006 OS comes out. But with public beta testing, you also reduce costs, improve quality, and get better customer satisfaction (since you get feedback earlier on the features).

Last edited by varis; 2006-06-10 at 10:15.